The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker names

Old 10-18-2010, 03:55 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fleabite
Ummm....read it again (or for the first time), the rule is....you can't make up your own nickname. You can call people whatever you want.
Ya know just for chits and giggles I googled it and can't for the life of me find that rule anywhere but on your post.

So I'm guessing based on your nickname here on the forum you name is a reflection of your physical attributes? Maybe a gf gave it to you?

Sounded better than NDBF? Needle Richard Bug Fugger.

Don't get mad, just f'ing with you.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:55 PM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RULZ!!?? Rules for nicknames? Wow!
RULZ!!
Are there any more RULZ that I should be aware of? Like Rules of Changing a Tire..Rules of Glove Wearing...Rules of Sissy Bar Use//
Please...spare me.
RULZ!!
HAHAHA
Is that anything like "The RULZ of Political Correctness", which I look at as BS.

Last edited by arcticharleyman; 10-18-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Gazzalodi
Road Master

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

Oh yeah, this is a topic that is going to start some fights. So here's my swizzle stick in the pot of discontent.

Having a nickname doesn't make you a biker, not having one doesn't mean you aren't one. Course that also assumes that there is some 'requirement' on what makes a biker, so far I haven't seen any sued for violating trademark for calling themselves a biker when they out on their a vespa.

It doesn't matter where nicknames come from. If someone is feeling technical here's the wesbsters definition (note does not include anything about non-self inflicted requirements)

1: a usually descriptive name given instead of or in addition to the one belonging to a person, place, or thing
2: a familiar form of a proper name (as of a person or a city)

Origin of NICKNAME:Middle English nekename additional name, alteration (resulting from misdivision of an ekename) of ekename, from eke eke, also + name name
First Known Use: 15th century

Old 10-18-2010, 04:31 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Once my baseball coach asked me what my nick-name was & I said I didn't have one.
He looked at me funny.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:22 PM
driv3rx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When my brothers biker club gets together I don't know if I am at his house or Snow Whites,theres Grumpy,Scooter,Rooster,TJ,AJ,CJ,Tex,Panhead Pete,Motor head Mike have known these guys for over 30 years don't know them by any other name.I used to be called "LIGHTS" coz I did light show for rock band in the '70s.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Windintheface
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arcticharleyman
So, I've been riding since Jezzus was in diapers. I've met a lot of peeps with biker names, but when they are in the office, rarely do you hear the biker name used. What's up with that? Do they change their name like they change their duds...only becoming bikers ont he weekends, or what?
BTW...I always have...and always will call my wife Babe or Sweetheart, whether on or off the bikes. She calls me Honey (cuz I'm sweet).
why wouldn't you call her babe or sweetheart weather on or off the bike, the names have nothing to do with bikes or biker names

Old 10-18-2010, 06:02 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,301 Likes on 1,017 Posts

Originally Posted by arcticharleyman
RULZ!!?? Rules for nicknames? Wow!
RULZ!!
Are there any more RULZ that I should be aware of? Like Rules of Changing a Tire..Rules of Glove Wearing...Rules of Sissy Bar Use//
Please...spare me.
RULZ!!
HAHAHA
Is that anything like "The RULZ of Political Correctness", which I look at as BS.
Hehe... guess thats why I never belonged to a club.... too many rules...

Old 10-18-2010, 06:16 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

As a boy I climbed trees, a lot, got tagged with Monkey Boy, shortened to Monkey, then in high school, Monk. When I lived in Arizona ther weren't many trees worth climbing so I climbed rock faces, got tagged with Spider. Now I'm affectionately refered to as Dumb ***, but that's Mr. Dumb *** to those I don't know well.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:30 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fleabite
Ummm....read it again (or for the first time), the rule is....you can't make up your own nickname. You can call people whatever you want.
Don't wanna read it again. Already lost that time. Maybe you need to read your deal again, and consider the whole Mary/Blondie part. Are you the new Nickname Sheriff? My new rule is to break any rule that you make up! You can't call me ******* anymore, now I'm POS!!

Last edited by scoteh; 10-18-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:57 PM
last12know
Road Master

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Last edited by last12know; 01-11-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Biker names