The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Patch question,I'm ready for the BS

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 07:45 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another Patch question,I'm ready for the BS

Rode Honda and Yamamha (goldwings and royals with cheese as my cuz referred to them) I had a large goldwing patch on the bottom of the back of the vest and some other patches that are patriotic.
After reading all this stuff about rockers and MC groups and making sure you do this and that, I thought I never really thought about it, I guess if you were in an MC group these would be the things you need to do.
Now I FINALLY own an HD FLHTK 103 (I LOVE THIS BIKE) when I bought it a week later I got package in the mail with a guide book +1 on the map book and a small HOG patch. I thougth yeh thats a cool looking patch and since I finnally have my dream bike, this willl go on the front vest for sure. It is small 3x3" patch. Then I read through the HOG group riding stuff and thought well, I am never home to attend any such mettings so why bother.
I was Hanging out and going for a ride with my cuz and he asked what are you going to do with vest now that you finally got a real bike? He was always giving me **** about what I rdie, even now becuase I ride a rode sofa as he calls it, he rides a bobber, I love touring bikes. It is all in good fun though. I took the GW patch off and now had a big dark spot on the back. I bought a large HOG eagle patch wich I think looks sweet to go over it. It is grey not gold, Iam not sure why?? Since I am not in the Boston Local chapter I got a top rocker that says Harley Davison and a bottom Rocker that Say USA. Now I know some of you guys will think what a douche, poser or whatever, you are entitled to think that, but I think the patch looks cool, it does not say where or from what city just merely says I own a harley. I am proud of that and love this bike more than any bike I have ever had! It has become an obssesion with me!
Am I wrong for wearing this patch with the rockers that say Harley and USA? Does or will this offend anyone? I would like to be a tough guy and say I do not care, I will wear it anyway, but I really do not want to catch hell out on the rode becuase I am wearing something wrong. I just want to ride the bike I love and not be taunted becuae of a patch. I do not mind wearing gear that says... Yes this is a Harley. I know there are people out there that say I do not wear anything that says HD or advertise for them. I do and will. I am only concerned with being bothered on the road becuase I have a worn something that I should not have. I'm pretty sure the 1% clubs could give a shizzle about a HOG patch, but will I catch flack from HOG groups if I Have an Eagle and ride a HD?? Not in the US often enough to know.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:08 AM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have nothing to worry about. The MC guys see the Hog/Harley stuff as benign. I was in a clubhouse last weekend with friends some of whom wore their HOG vests into the club...not a big deal

Old 03-05-2011, 08:16 AM
teedubya
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't see a problem with what you're describing.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:19 AM
brunswickoh
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just ride your bike and wear what you're comfortable with!

Old 03-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 614 Likes on 383 Posts

Is see nothing wrong with the patches. Nice looking bike!

Old 03-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Go for it

Old 03-05-2011, 10:24 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

you guys keep referring to these gangs of organized criminals as clubs. no decent law abiding club is going to cause any problems over what you wear. gangs have turf wars-they are protecting their territory. these 1% biker gangs are not nice people...take your damn vest off or don't wear 3 piece patches in their territory. a confrontation over a stupid patch could escalate and cost you your life!!

Old 03-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Gazzalodi
Road Master

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

Timmy, no local HOG group is going to take offense. It's all just in fun. And no other club is going to give you grief about HOG patches.

But I would suggest you give some of the Boston area chapters a shot. People on the forums (myself included) may joke about HOGs, but when you get down to it, they are just about the most active of the family oriented groups you can join. They always have something going on, even if it's just a ride to Waffle House.

Last edited by Gazzalodi; 03-05-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:49 AM
magna
Stellar HDF Member
Received 236 Likes on 145 Posts

From what iv'e heard its the bottom rocker that seems to **** off the M.Cs for some reason, if your worried about it just leave off the U.S.A rocker or put it somewhere else on your jacket if you've got to wear it.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:55 AM
hdgzr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,869 Likes on 595 Posts

The "HOG" stuff is pretty harmless; but if you're concerned about catching **** from an MC, why wear a 3 piece freakin' patch?

No disrespect meant sir, just askin'...

Quick Reply: Another Patch question,I'm ready for the BS