The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SoA: some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Joker's back
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Bobby Sixkiller from "Renegade" was prettier than Bobby Elvis from "SOA". I mean, the whole beard thing...really, now....really?

Heh heh heh...

Old 11-15-2011, 12:26 AM
mglax13
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I think you just hit on the [only] two glaring in-accuracies in that show. Otherwise, I think the rest is actually pretty acurate to life...

Old 11-15-2011, 05:24 AM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, and all along I thought SOA was one of those reality shows. I had heard that Paul Jr. was even planning on building them a custom chopper soon. Imagine my disappointment!!!!

Old 11-15-2011, 05:35 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

Cmon it's a friggin' TV show, couple of things I think are funny things like the helmet thing I know those helmets aren't DOT and I know DOT helmets are a must in CA, Charming is supposed to be somewhere in the foothills east of somewhere but they are always having to run to Oakland in like 15 minutes, anywhere where Charming would be would be a couple of hours from SF area.But remember it's a drama

Old 11-15-2011, 05:39 AM
avetter11
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

It IS tv, but don't forget that there is an "understanding" between the Club and the Charming police chief so at least within Charming the Club gets away with a LOT.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Twisted_Mind
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It is not the car or a tire...

Watch closely, it is the radiator he "kills"... a knife that long and if it is a KABAR, is strong enough to rip right through a radiator core...

Originally Posted by neocontra
Yes it's TV..but that's obviously what bikers there do, otherwise why would the show do it? And if they have it on TV, then it must be true.

I always figured the few times the guys on the show didn't have their helmets on it was just like "oh damn we forgot about the helmets" "F__k it, let's roll".

The only part of the show I thought was a little misrepresenting was the part where Jax uses his knife to stab a Federal Agent's car and makes it go Psshhhhhh. I mean, a knife cutting through metal? I'm not that gullible FX!

Otherwise it seems pretty authentic. We've heard stories of them people over in California..they seem to be either outlaw bikers or (worse) hippies.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:36 AM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

havent seen an episode. I probably will one day though.Regarding the knife in the car thing.As stated, a knife would easily go through a radiator(fins/middle area) if you could reach it. Actually, You should be able to cut through the outer skin of alot of cars as well. I have never done it as i never had a reason to but i have opened soup/juice cans and such with a knife.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:57 AM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

um hello ? SoA is an outlaw motorcycle club , they don't recognize our laws and do whatever they want as long as they follow their own rules

Old 11-15-2011, 11:54 AM
99octane
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Biggzed
Yes California is a mandatory helmet state
I know many people in CA that carry a knife in the same manner Jax does

Zach
Thanks Biggzed!

Old 11-15-2011, 11:55 AM
99octane
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 07 FLHTC
The open carry knife is still legal in California and for a short time you can still carry an unloaded firearm in open view. That will change shortly thanks to the leftist commie politicians who don't believe in the second amendment. So at least that part of the show is on the up and up.
Shouldn't matter what politicians believe or not. The Consitution is what gives the rules to those who make the rules. If they start to disregard it, it's tantamount to tyranny. It may be a tyranny of a committee, instead of a single dictator, but tyranny it is nonetheless.
Weapons in the hands of citizens were mandated exactly to prevent this.

Quick Reply: SoA: some questions.