The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

20 year old Angela Heath Kills Motorcyclist

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 04:47 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts
Default 20 year old Angela Heath Kills Motorcyclist

State troopers say they charged a Washington woman who they say caused a fatal accident this weekend.
Brian Bowden of New Bern was killed when his motorcycle collided with a car driven by 20-year-old Angela Heath of Washington. The crash happened Sunday on Highway 43, north of Vanceboro.
Troopers say Heath turned left off of Wilmar Road into the motorcycle driver's path. Heath is charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/T...186712321.html

Maximum penalty- 60 days in jail

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 01-25-2013, 04:49 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Happens more than not.... $20.00 fines and all the other BS... we are expendable!

Old 01-25-2013, 04:50 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Misdemeanor? The dude is ****ing DEAD. Lock her the **** up for ten years.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

If she killed a cager, same penalty?

Unless on purpose, I guess the good part is now she can repay the family the rest of her life while employed.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:53 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Get more time than thatmif you get caught with more than an ounce of weed here in Mizzery. Some messed up priorities.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:26 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 241 Likes on 106 Posts

I am sure she did not intentionally run him down. She has to live with this on her shoulders for the rest of her life.
Not saying it was excusable, just a tragic turn of events.
Sad

Old 01-25-2013, 07:21 PM
speckfisher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sad.....status quo.....the cager never says they saw the biker.....I have no answers to this problem that continues to happen.....

We all have close calls when we ride, latest example - of course we all have hundreds of this same type example:

Two days ago, I was on a highway.....speed sign reduced to 45mph.....I had slowed to 45mph, thankfully I was only going 45mph......was on my wing that is lit up from the front like a train.....

A young girl pulled out in front of me and I could do nothing because she and I were within 15 yards of each other and closing fast.....I was dead.......nothing I could have done.....I took my hands off the bars and held my arms out because I was dead.....she missed me or I missed her by 10 feet or less.....I had no time to do chit but crash.....she looked at me as if - big deal....WOW

There was NO traffic behind me.....Why didn't she just wait one second or two......she saw me.....I saw the color of her eyes.....had she killed me she would have said....I didn't see the motorcycle????

Old 01-25-2013, 07:36 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

it was his day to die...just so happens that he was on a motorcycle. she would have gotten the same sentence if she had hit another car. motorcycle riding is a dangerous hobby/sport. being in the right will still get you killed quickly-defensive driving is your only choice.
nothing is going to be done to make the public more aware of motorcycles--your legislators don't need your vote. your riding abilities/skills are the only thing that will keep you out of harms way. you constantly need to be thinking "what if that car does such and such" to have a chance. dead is dead--who had the right of way does not matter. JMO

Old 01-25-2013, 10:21 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
it was his day to die...just so happens that he was on a motorcycle. she would have gotten the same sentence if she had hit another car. motorcycle riding is a dangerous hobby/sport. being in the right will still get you killed quickly-defensive driving is your only choice.
nothing is going to be done to make the public more aware of motorcycles--your legislators don't need your vote. your riding abilities/skills are the only thing that will keep you out of harms way. you constantly need to be thinking "what if that car does such and such" to have a chance. dead is dead--who had the right of way does not matter. JMO

I gotta agree with Dan on this one. It is up to YOU to stay alive and well.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:30 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

If you really want to kill someone use your car...

Quick Reply: 20 year old Angela Heath Kills Motorcyclist