Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   The General Motorcycle Forum (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-general-motorcycle-forum-116/)
-   -   Biker trends (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-general-motorcycle-forum/925507-biker-trends.html)

Jd Swiper 09-11-2012 05:31 PM

Biker trends

I'm thinking about getting a get back whip, I'm looking at the 36'' whip. Looking to see what size everyone else has gotten and how they like them!

rubberfrog 09-11-2012 05:38 PM

please don't

Jd Swiper 09-11-2012 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by rubberfrog (Post 10320243)
please don't

What are my missing???

purpledeuce 09-11-2012 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jd Swiper (Post 10320275)
What are my missing???

It doesn't make you look cool, and it doesn't really work. Whatcha gonna do when that 2 ton vehicle takes you out because you whipped their car

Jd Swiper 09-11-2012 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by purpledeuce (Post 10320284)
It doesn't make you look cool, and it doesn't really work. Whatcha gonna do when that 2 ton vehicle takes you out because you whipped their car

WoW, I think it gives the ride some character!!

fcsallan 09-11-2012 06:02 PM

Makes no difference to me, but I won't have one. I don't need the hassle with the Police and I can see myself getting it hung up on something.

tinmarine 09-11-2012 06:08 PM

Could have used a get back sledge today.:mad: Jackass came tearing up behind me and was riding my ass on the expressway. Soon as I could I got out of his way. He then proceeded to pass me and flip me the finger. I was going to chase him down but I figured the weight ratio of the vehicles wasn't in my favor and seeing how close he was riding, he wouldn't hesitate to use it. I know where he got off and what he drives though.

SoftailBrian 09-11-2012 06:29 PM

My Dad has a bar with a hitchin' post. I thought about strapping my bike to it with a get back whip.

Jackie Paper 09-11-2012 06:31 PM

Ask the whip lady on here. She will pop you an answer..

Guitardude 09-11-2012 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jd Swiper (Post 10320207)
I'm thinking about getting a get back whip, I'm looking at the 36'' whip. Looking to see what size everyone else has gotten and how they like them!

There are places all over the US where a get back whip will get you pulled over and detained, bike towed and a night in jail for having an illegal weapon.

If someone is on you where you feel threatened, get the plate number, pull over and call the police. Any threat against you using a motor vehicle is considered attempted assault with a dealy weapon, and it's a LOT more fun to pull up next to the guy sitting in the back of the police car and say "yep officer, that's the A**HOLE who tired to kill me"

Just sayin...

Oh, and my emergency get back device is a nice colt new agent .45...very easy to identify the vehicle with big holes in it