"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Tallulah Falls to Augusta, GA

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 10:44 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 790 Likes on 601 Posts
Default Tallulah Falls to Augusta, GA

Need some information please.
Going to be on a road trip and part of it is taking back roads from Anna Ruby Falls, Ga to Tallulah Falls, Ga.
Leaving Anna Ruby Falls and taking 356 to 197 then riding on something called Burton Dam Road that becomes Seed Lake Road that becomes Lake Rabun Road (lake roads so they are near water) guessing it will be slow/low traffic and scenic.
Then route takes you to Old 441 and then use back roads to Tallulah Park.
Stopping at Tallulah Gorge park to see the 3 easiest fall view points near park visitor center...guessing a 2 hour stop to see falls?
It looks like 2 viewing points are very easy to walk and the third requires some steps behind the visitors center.
Then continue road trip to Augusta, Ga.
Questions:
#1 Is there a suggested eating stop going south from Tallulah Falls park or would a subway sandwich be a better suggestion to carry into the park...if i need a sandwich then were do i get it before arriving along route suggested ?
#2 Do they have a vending machine in the park visitor center for a soda/water/snack?
Then:
Upon departing the Tallulah Park towards Augusta the route is,
23 to 17a to Toccoa..seeing Toccoa Falls in the UP mountain route leg of trip from Augusta.
Then continue on 106 to 145 and going through Avalon and Martin to get 17 going to Lavonia
Then 77c to 51 to 77 to 511 then just try to take secondary suggested roads on my maps near the Savannah River.
#3 We are seeing the Georgia Guide Stones on the UP mountain leg from Augusta but is there something to see on the down mountain leg route described above to stop/stretch legs along the roads suggested...
Maybe a ball of string to look at, a monument, a special tree, a picture spot or something different that might be worth a stop or to at least point at as you ride past.
Thank you.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:05 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 790 Likes on 601 Posts

Just bumping to keep it alive

Old 05-25-2017, 09:04 AM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,491 Likes on 636 Posts

I've ridden up there a bunch but don't remember all the road names & numbers. I just know I've never met a road up there I didn't like! I always have a couples of Kind bars and a couple bottles of water with me just in case, but usually find food, gas, etc with no problems.

Around the various Falls there's usually small towns with food etc. I think checking the websites for the Falls/ Parks and the towns will give you a good idea of what's available.

Also get the RoadsideAmerica app. It'll give you a bunch of off-the-wall things to see wherever you are, like your "ball of string". You can enter the towns or areas you'll visit ahead of time so you can plan out your stops.

Word of caution. There are a bunch of "overlook areas" up there. Some are obvious and directly off the road. Some lead down a side road and those roads are usually loose gravel and you won't know it till you're already committed to be on it. Some are barely 1 lane wide.

Have fun!