automobile carry - Harley Davidson Forums

The Gun Enthusiast This forum is dedicated to firearms discussion only. Tell us about your favorite gun (stuff like that). There are to be "NO' anti firearms posts here.

automobile carry

Old 03-12-2018, 02:14 PM
jp49
Senior Rider
Default automobile carry

got a judge pubic defender poly
dedicated to my car. any good (inexpensive)
car holsters out there..... will the magnets work ok with a
large/small revolver?
open to suggestions would prefer a holster of some type that mounts up in the drivers compartment, handy but not obvious... suggestions, pictures and links gladly accepted...
thank ye kindly neighbors.

Old 03-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 809 Posts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sling Blade 14 For This Useful Post:
J F GO (03-12-2018), jp49 (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 11:46 AM
nobodyknowsme
Elite HDF Member

I have seen the vehicle mounts but never gave them much thought. My weapons stay on my person. To each their own and best of luck.

About the only one I would consider if I were to have such a thing mounts under the steering column. Reasonably priced and quick easy access.

The Following User Says Thank You to nobodyknowsme For This Useful Post:
Chief1297 (03-26-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 02:40 PM
jp49
Senior Rider

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme View Post
I have seen the vehicle mounts but never gave them much thought. My weapons stay on my person. To each their own and best of luck.

About the only one I would consider if I were to have such a thing mounts under the steering column. Reasonably priced and quick easy access.
thanks for your input. i have a XDs 45 on my hip always... however it is not quickly accessible with seat belts jackets ect.
there have been numerous car-jackings in the milwaukee area. (well they may have slowed down since the last attempt a few weeks ago cost the perp his life due to a CCW victim)... i want something i can access immediately not struggle with getting access too. 1 second or less undetectable access as apposed to 5-10 seconds very detectable access.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:16 PM
nobodyknowsme
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by jp49 View Post
thanks for your input. i have a XDs 45 on my hip always... however it is not quickly accessible with seat belts jackets ect.
there have been numerous car-jackings in the milwaukee area. (well they may have slowed down since the last attempt a few weeks ago cost the perp his life due to a CCW victim)... i want something i can access immediately not struggle with getting access too. 1 second or less undetectable access as apposed to 5-10 seconds very detectable access.
My constant carry is a S&W J frame (hammerless) revolver in 357 magnum held to me in a cross draw holster. Being as that I am right handed I can't think of a faster way to access my weapon. But here is the holster style I previously mentioned.

I see now that is the same style that Sling Blade posted. I was on my phone earlier and lazy.

Last edited by nobodyknowsme; 03-13-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:53 PM
benscratchin
Elite HDF Member
Thanked 1,514 Times in 818 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme View Post
My constant carry is a S&W J frame (hammerless) revolver in 357 magnum held to me in a cross draw holster. Being as that I am right handed I can't think of a faster way to access my weapon. But here is the holster style I previously mentioned.
That shown above is good. It is difficult to draw a weapon while seated inside a vehicle. Another option that I have not seen is a holster mounted on the front of the vehicle seat, between your legs. On your hip the cross draw (as mentioned above) is the most comfortable and easily accessible while seated other than a shoulder holster.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:58 AM
nobodyknowsme
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by benscratchin View Post
Another option that I have not seen is a holster mounted on the front of the vehicle seat, between your legs. On your hip the cross draw (as mentioned above) is the most comfortable and easily accessible while seated other than a shoulder holster.
I have seen something like you are describing in a seat cover. Thought it might have been the NRA store but don't see it there unless it is no longer carried. Maybe CDT or somewhere like that.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:04 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor

We make a lot of different type of holsters.. Check us out and see if anything catches your eye .. Thank you https://shop.captain-itch.com/Gun-Holsters_c30.htm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Itch For This Useful Post:
benscratchin (03-14-2018), WebWolf (03-15-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 05:32 PM
RAWHIDE07
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Thanked 4,693 Times in 2,021 Posts

In Ohio if you have a concealed carry license the handgun must be concealed on your body or in a closed case or console or whatever. Love that under steering wheel mount though.

Old 03-15-2018, 05:57 PM
TRMN8TR
One Of The Regulars

Gun keeper

The Following User Says Thank You to TRMN8TR For This Useful Post:
jp49 (03-15-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: automobile carry

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: