The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Road To Zero

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 01:40 PM
eleutheros
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Road To Zero

A search of the forum resulted in zero references to the National Safety Council Road to Zero Coalition to have zero traffic deaths by 2050.
The MRF sent them a great response to the coalition for ignoring motorcycle group input entirely, and only including the stupid helmet solution which ignores all of the more important preventions.
It looks like the MRF only has about 220,000 members. The MRF seems to do a great job of being active on our freedom and safety issues, I wonder why they don't have a million members? We snooze we lose.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:18 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,561 Likes on 5,153 Posts

Nothing Stupid about helmets. I support your right not to wear . They work and are very effective. Why join no madder what you come up with someone will Bxxx. See it often flip flops ,no helmet shorts ,dime store eye ,wear and a beer go for it. I 100% support a persons right to be foolish.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:37 PM
eleutheros
Road Master

Originally Posted by smitty901
Nothing Stupid about helmets. I support your right not to wear . They work and are very effective. Why join no madder what you come up with someone will Bxxx. See it often flip flops ,no helmet shorts ,dime store eye ,wear and a beer go for it. I 100% support a persons right to be foolish.
Thanks for the response, however, my use of stupid is completely different from yours. I was referring to the stupid government solution to reducing accidents, wear a helmet.

The gov does NOT want to include bikers in their law decisions (but they'll demo the 1 in a mil paralyzed person), nor add motorcycle respect training to auto driving, nor promote rider training or even proper gear to wear to ride safely, nor consider motorcycles in gasoline changes, or the pumps, or road sensors, or splitting lanes. All they want to push is helmet laws that's been proven to make little difference except to greatly reduce the sport.

Your use of stupid and foolish is a huge different subject, of which I've seen a huge change in the last few years where there a lot of riders that dangerously ignore driving laws like they're exempt. Too bad we can't say ride stupid wear all the gear, save the stunts for the track wear what you want.

Last edited by eleutheros; 07-17-2018 at 12:38 PM. Reason: paragraph
Old 08-14-2018, 08:48 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,374 Likes on 2,948 Posts

Originally Posted by eleutheros
... nor add motorcycle respect training to auto driving,
It's kinda hard to demand respect from cage drivers when we ride like some riders do.
nor promote rider training or even proper gear to wear to ride safely
"Proper rider training? I did it for many years, and I still do it on a case by case basis. I have no clue how many new riders I trained. Lots of them, over the decades.
nor consider motorcycles in gasoline changes, or the pumps, or road sensors, or splitting lanes
Well now you're all over the map. I don't know what "gasoline changes" are, so I can't comment. Road sensors are a problem though. Splitting lanes DOES serve a useful purpose, (as long as it's not done stupidly.)
All they want to push is helmet laws that's been proven to make little difference except to greatly reduce the sport.
Don't forget, the people that make the rules, don't ride. They know not what they do. This applies to more then just a helmet law, btw.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:29 PM
eleutheros
Road Master

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
It's kinda hard to demand respect from cage drivers when we ride like some riders do. "Proper rider training? I did it for many years, and I still do it on a case by case basis. I have no clue how many new riders I trained. Lots of them, over the decades. Well now you're all over the map. I don't know what "gasoline changes" are, so I can't comment. Road sensors are a problem though. Splitting lanes DOES serve a useful purpose, (as long as it's not done stupidly.) Don't forget, the people that make the rules, don't ride. They know not what they do. This applies to more then just a helmet law, btw.
Promote/require training rather than better crashing.
% of ethanol...not to mention driverless cars...
Better training, better lane splitting.
Yes, don't forget. thus an org. to be vigilant.