Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   The Patriot Guard Riders (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-patriot-guard-riders-128/)
-   -   Vest (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-patriot-guard-riders/1220218-vest.html)

grump1 02-24-2018 04:20 PM

Vest

I recently joined the PGR. Was wonder if there is some kind of pattern for patch placement. Uniformity I guess. It's all about respect. Thanks in advance.

sloufoot 02-24-2018 10:45 PM

The patch placement is pretty much what you want. There is a large round patch that you can put upper and lower rockers on. that is the way I have mine along with a large POW-MIA eagle under the lower rocker.
On the front pretty much the way you want things also. Nothing really a requirement. Some areas don't want you to do the rockers because of the 1%'ers. But most areas it makes no difference. If anyone gives you any noise about it, jut let them know why and there isn't anything more said.
Just some info,,,,, if you buy a vest for a patch on the back try and find one without the seam going down the middle. Easier to sew. Leather-up.com has some good buys.

Ridetothehill 01-09-2019 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by sloufoot (Post 17123846)
The patch placement is pretty much what you want. There is a large round patch that you can put upper and lower rockers on. that is the way I have mine along with a large POW-MIA eagle under the lower rocker.
On the front pretty much the way you want things also. Nothing really a requirement. Some areas don't want you to do the rockers because of the 1%'ers. But most areas it makes no difference. If anyone gives you any noise about it, jut let them know why and there isn't anything more said.
Just some info,,,,, if you buy a vest for a patch on the back try and find one without the seam going down the middle. Easier to sew. Leather-up.com has some good buys.

Thank you for the tips Sloufoot. I wasn't going to get a vest, as I don't usually wear patches, pins or anything else with any words or messages on it; however, I think we have a very different and unique message to broadcast here. I think I just might get a vest.

Thank You

RANGER73 01-09-2019 06:52 AM

This might answer your question.
https://www.patriotguard.org/faqs/dr...n-and-patches/

Aviator5456 01-14-2019 11:19 AM

"Rocker" should be defined. I have a "Vietnam Veteran" (rocker) patch above my PGR patch, which IMO is acceptable.

sloufoot 01-15-2019 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Aviator5456 (Post 17959301)
"Rocker" should be defined. I have a "Vietnam Veteran" (rocker) patch above my PGR patch, which IMO is acceptable.

We also have some of those rockers in our groups. I see no problem. Especially if whatever is military themed. That is what we are mostly about. Basically all first responders.

VAFish 01-16-2019 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Aviator5456 (Post 17959301)

Originally Posted by sloufoot (Post 17961002)
We also have some of those rockers in our groups. I see no problem. Especially if whatever is military themed. That is what we are mostly about. Basically all first responders.

I think it is pretty clear from the link Rangers provided:

"You could have other memorial and slogan patches above and below but nothing like ‘Patriot Guard Riders” above and “Wisconsin” below."

Yout don't want it looking like the name of a club and a territory .

I personally just have the triangle PGR riding with respect patch on a high visibility yellow vest. I got that back when hi visibility was required on military bases. No MC is going to look at it and think I'm trying to start an unauthorized club.

DAKSY 02-15-2021 03:28 PM

You are pretty much at liberty as far as patch placement,
but AFIK, the United States Flag is to be worn on the left
side, above your heart & NO pin or patch can be worn
above it.

BC1000 07-24-2021 04:39 PM

Are there specific military type patches civilians shouldn't use with the PGR gear? Wouldn't wanna accidentally be guilty of committing stolen honor.

sloufoot 07-25-2021 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by BC9696 (Post 20073431)
Are there specific military type patches civilians shouldn't use with the PGR gear? Wouldn't wanna accidentally be guilty of committing stolen honor.

Basically as long as you can represent each branch of service maybe including the first responders how can that be stolen valor ? We try to stay away from anything political.
I use mostly pins for the different branches . Also some POW/MIA patches, and a couple motorcycle patches.