The Patriot Guard Riders A Place To Talk About The PGR and PGR Missions.

Understanding the PGR

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 07:00 AM
BelchFire
Received 5,156 Likes on 1,947 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
I'm invited to a PGR event today. Hope it's "ok" if I ride a Triumph. (I could ride my Husky, but it's kinda LOUD.)

Anything protocol I need to be wary of?

I'll get to the rendezvous location early to inquire.

Lastly, I hope they were kidding about the rubber gloves and KY jelly!

PS~ On a serious note. I was never in any branch of the military. I'm presuming there may be some saluting at the service. What is the proper protocol response for a civilian that is inadvertently saluted? I want to do this right.
NORTY, as Mr. Wizard said, no one cares what (or even if) you ride; just show up and bring a healthy dose of respect. To answer one of your direct questions; when the Ride captain In Charge calls "Attention!", stand at attention with your hands to your side and the flag (if you have one) in your left hand. When the RCIC calls "Present arms!", the veterans present will salute, but as civilians, you and I would remove our cover (if you're wearing a hat) and place the hat or our right hand over our heart and hold that until the call to "Order arms!". Thanks for answering the call to attend; I hope you find the passion that most of us feel when we attend and I hope you become a regular.

Belch

The following 2 users liked this post by BelchFire:
NORTY FLATZ (03-12-2021), sloufoot (03-13-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 08:37 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,121 Likes on 1,621 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
I'm invited to a PGR event today. Hope it's "ok" if I ride a Triumph. (I could ride my Husky, but it's kinda LOUD.)

Anything protocol I need to be wary of?

I'll get to the rendezvous location early to inquire.

Lastly, I hope they were kidding about the rubber gloves and KY jelly!

PS~ On a serious note. I was never in any branch of the military. I'm presuming there may be some saluting at the service. What is the proper protocol response for a civilian that is inadvertently saluted? I want to do this right.
So give us an update, how did it go?

As for anyone else with the same questions, all I can add is show up a little early at the rally point, find the Ride Captain, introduce yourself and ask for any instructions.

The following users liked this post:
BelchFire (03-15-2021)