The Patriot Guard Riders A Place To Talk About The PGR and PGR Missions.

Parade Flag Holder

Old 11-09-2009, 07:32 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the same RIVCO parade flag mount on my '04 Ultra. I had my daughter make me a couple sleeves to cover the flags for some of the long rides to missions. I used a PVC pipe connector that fits very tight in the RIVCO mount and the ID of it is perfect for standard flag poles. I used the same kind of fastner that holds the parade mount to the bike, to make the flags easily removable for use in flag lines.

Attached Thumbnails Parade Flag Holder-img_0037r.jpg   Parade Flag Holder-img_0038r.jpg  

Last edited by rh8234; 11-10-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

One of my Buds just ordered the double holder and a Patriot flag...looks reaaallllly sharp. plus he ordered the rack that hooks up in the same mounts.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:45 PM
puddles13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Simple, looks good, easy to put on

Chrome fishing pole holder. Had it on my Dyna, and transfered it to my RK. *used on my son's sportie for a mission when I had a boo boo on dyna*

Have used it 3 yrs now - flown at highway speeds for distances without a problem. Wooden closet rod, cut to length, with eye bolts put in using gorilla glue, painted white.

Any questions about it shoot me an email. Can give you more details.

btw.... only time I broke a pole it broke below the fishing rod holder, no damage to holder. Was because I was a dork and went into garage without taking it off first. Opps!

Old 11-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Unimoose
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't mount a "normal" flag holder to my Wide Glide so I used the 15" sissy bar and used hose clamps and PVC pipe to rig one up behind it. By drilling a hole through the PVC flag pole and using pins I can easily remove the pole as well. The flag is mounted to the pole with eye bolts and snap links which make it easily transferable as well. I decided that in order to blend in with the bike a bit better that I'd paint the whole thing black. It looks pretty good and worked well on the mission I've been on so far.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:58 PM
doghair
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't have a lot of options wanting to stay solo. Picked up the hitch which bolts right on with the bags. Had a local fabricator weld up the holder then rattle canned it with rustoleum. The pole, hardware and lashing straps are from Lowe's. Gun sock and velcro cover it for transit. I recommend it anyway but the turn signal brake light conversion kit really helps here, the tombstone is almost fully blocked from 6:00.

I made another pole for the 4x6 on the wall, haven't been too adventurous with that yet. That is one big azz pole, almost 8' mounted to keep the flag off the ground. Great setup with a tailwind

This ain't the cheapest way to go but I've had 3x5s on the freeways with this sled better than 65 flappin' and 80 wrapped, for hours, no sweat.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:37 PM
futureratbike
Banned

Or one could go here https://www.rumblingpride.com/

The prices are pretty decent, the flags are guaranteed (for a while at least), and there's nothing wrong showing a smaller flag...this is one of those cases of 'it's the thought that counts', not the size of the flag being flown.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:06 PM
DAKSY
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

That's a SWEET set-up. Word of advice tho, the PGR flag needs to lowered - not much - 6 inches maybe - but it should NOT fly at the same level with the Stars & Stripes.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:14 AM
eaglesridefree
Stage IV
Cool Thanks for Sharing Mount Details

As a new member of the Patriot Guard and Warriors Watch riders, your flag mount solution is exactly what I was looking for and I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to post such detailed instructions and helpful hints. I have a 2000 HD Electraglide and I think this is going to work very well. Thanks Again! 'Sgt Wiz' USMC 85-91

Old 06-07-2010, 07:54 AM
TooEasy
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Parade Flag holder

Originally Posted by eaglesridefree
As a new member of the Patriot Guard and Warriors Watch riders, your flag mount solution is exactly what I was looking for and I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to post such detailed instructions and helpful hints. I have a 2000 HD Electraglide and I think this is going to work very well. Thanks Again! 'Sgt Wiz' USMC 85-91
My pleasure. If it helps even one member, it was worth the time and effort.
I now have many months and many missions (I don't keep count) with this setup, and there is nothing loose, nothing worn out, it turned out to be a very stout mount.

Regards,
TooEasy

Old 06-10-2010, 08:02 PM
NYBill
Intermediate

For those of us with smaller bikes, this is what I picked up: http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/pr...FamilyId=16618
I mount a quick release connector in the hole in my fender for the pillion pad so it's easy to take off, etc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parade Flag Holder