The Patriot Guard Riders A Place To Talk About The PGR and PGR Missions.

Parade Flag Holder

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 01:35 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie84
TooEasy, What a great write up and photos about the PGR flag holder system. I'm also PGR Ride Captain in northern Alabama. I had a homemade system for my Kawaski Vulcan which I jus sold. I purchased a 17 utra CVO. Do you know if the mounting brackets that come with the purchased RIVCO system will mount on my CVO/
Thanks in advanced and thanks for you military and PGR service.
I think you would do best getting in touch with Rivco and let them answer those questions for you.
They make parts for both I am sure. Might just need to sub a part or two.

The following users liked this post:
4RG.I.'S (09-25-2020)
Old 01-23-2019, 03:17 PM
BronxVet
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys, just recently joined. I have a 2017 Tri Glide Ultra. Is there a kit for three parade flags or does anyone know of a place in Columbia, SC to get a set of flag holders installed?

Old 01-23-2019, 08:32 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,124 Likes on 1,621 Posts

Originally Posted by BronxVet
Guys, just recently joined. I have a 2017 Tri Glide Ultra. Is there a kit for three parade flags or does anyone know of a place in Columbia, SC to get a set of flag holders installed?
There are kits that attach to a trailer hitch and hold 3 flags.

I don't have any experience with this one, just one I grabbed off a search.

http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id435.html

Old 01-25-2019, 04:43 AM
sloufoot

Originally Posted by BronxVet
I use a hitch type flag mount. I use the trailer hitch with a plate with three tubes. But be aware your warranty is up for grabs with a trailer hitch. I have stamped on the side of the receiver "for flag mount only". This has fooled the shop so far. LOL ! But I also don't have anything wired for the trailer .
Rivco has anywhere from 1 to 3 flag holders here:
https://rivcoproducts.com/product-ca...rley-davidson/

You might have to look and put together a kit.

The following 2 users liked this post by sloufoot:
4RG.I.'S (09-25-2020), joediver1943 (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 04:15 PM
joediver1943
Advanced
Received 41 Likes on 12 Posts

I have just started doing Patriot Guard Missions finding it really rewarding to be able to participate in honoring these Veterans and First Responders. I have a 2020 Tri-Glide with a rear bumper. Would like to fly three large flags. Thinking about going with a trailer hitch with a receiver flag mount that I can install and remove quickly. It looks like some of the Rivco mounts will lessen the ground clearance. Which the Rivco hitch did you use and any problems with clearance or bumper? I'm soon to be 79 and not skilled in fabricating. I know it would be more expensive but hope to find what I need without needing to build it. Your help would be appreciated.

Old 12-01-2021, 01:33 AM
sloufoot

Originally Posted by joediver1943
I have just started doing Patriot Guard Missions finding it really rewarding to be able to participate in honoring these Veterans and First Responders.
I have a 2020 Tri-Glide with a rear bumper. Would like to fly three large flags. Thinking about going with a trailer hitch with a receiver flag mount that I can install and remove quickly. It looks like some of the Rivco mounts will lessen the ground clearance. Which the Rivco hitch did you use and any problems with clearance or bumper? I'm soon to be 79 and not skilled in fabricating. I know it would be more expensive but hope to find what I need without needing to build it. Your help would be appreciated.

My flag mount comes out of the hitch and lifts up about 4" with the regular trailer hitch for the ball.The flat bar has a bolt welded to the bottom to mount to the hitch ball hole.
I have a 1"x2.5" flat tube with three upright 1.25"internal size pipe, about 10" high(long) welded to the flat tube. It might be to your advantage to have the pipe 1 5/16". They would have to be tubing and not water pipe.
I use closet railing for the flag staffs, with 3 screw in rings.
Rivco has a mount for the hitch, but it is a single mount. I don't trust their bumper mounted holders, but that said I haven't heard of a failure ..
One answer might be to get the Rivco tubes that are flat on the bottom for mounting on their flag holder and using them on a flat plate mounted on the trailer hitch. I wouldn't use anything less than a 3/8" x 3" plate.
I can take some pix's if you need.

Last edited by sloufoot; 12-01-2021 at 01:47 AM.
Old 12-01-2021, 11:31 PM
joediver1943
Advanced

Thanks Sloufoot. Would love to see the pictures. I thought when stumbling around on the internet looking for ideas, I saw a mount for three flags that that would slide into the trailer hitch. Now can't find it.

Old 12-02-2021, 12:38 AM
sloufoot

Thanks Sloufoot. Would love to see the pictures. I thought when stumbling around on the internet looking for ideas, I saw a mount for three flags that that would slide into the trailer hitch. Now can't find it.
I'll get some pix's, but there is a setup that Rivco has for three flags. You might have to put it together from different pieces, or contact Rivco and have them assemble one for you.
The one I have you could just have some place weld one up as far as the flat bar and the mount bolt. The rest you could get the Rivco tubes, or have them built or just welded to the bar. The bar then just mounts to the hitch in place of the trailer ball.
Anyway, I'll get you some pictures of mine.

Old 12-02-2021, 10:05 PM
sloufoot

Here is what I use.:
By the way that tube is 2" x 1" x 22" 5/32 wall,The hex of the mount bolt is welded inside of the center tube. The tubes are sch40 pipe, but don't have to be pipe. They can be tubing.

Last edited by sloufoot; 12-03-2021 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-03-2021, 01:00 AM
joediver1943
Advanced

Thanks again Sloufoot. Found the Rivco set-up and happened to talk to a Dealer today. He would give me 20% off list price on items but would not install for insurance reasons. I see where you could mount the three Rivco sockets to a flat bar and would be closer to the bike than their set-up. I think I would like that but looks like it would interfere with opening the trunk. Did you use the Rivco hitch?

Quick Reply: Parade Flag Holder