Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   The Patriot Guard Riders (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-patriot-guard-riders-128/)
-   -   A mothers opinion..Patriot Guard (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-patriot-guard-riders/442111-a-mothers-opinion-patriot-guard.html)

Pops 11-01-2009 11:07 PM

A mothers opinion..Patriot Guard

While attending a class at church today I met a lady that shared a story with me. She began by saying that the past couple years have been very difficult for her mainly due to her son being killed in Iraq. I did not know what to say to her other than, sorry for your loss! This lady then tells me that one of the memories that she will never forget was the support she received from a group of folks riding motorcycles, no specific brand and there were even some "3-wheelers" She said that her son had told her while home on leave that if something ever happened to him she would probably see a lot of bikes at his funeral. I felt so sad for this lady and was upset because I had waited so long to become a part of the Patriot Guard.

Everyone please be safe!

RiverWolf 11-01-2009 11:20 PM

Been a member for a couple of years.
Hard to make most missions, as funerals are seldom held on weekends.
Not sure the reason for that fact.
Also, not all are sad, some are welcome home missions,
Some are goodbye's to oldtime vets.
I think it is a good cause.

09flhtc 11-01-2009 11:26 PM

I am registered to receive short notices, I would be honored when I die they would ride for me, as I am a motorcycle enthusiast, a former full patch president of a riding club and recent service connected multiple campaign war veteran.

Chibamonkey 11-02-2009 01:49 AM

After serving on-duty at two funerals for local home-town boys who were killed in the line of duty in Iraq, and working along side the Patriot Guard to shield the family of the fallen from the ^&%$# Rev. Phelps and his merry band of idiots and morons, I joined the Patriot Guard.

I have both the misfortune and fortune to live in the same state that is home to the misguided Westboro church.

What it reinforced in me was that Americans will come together to honor those warriors who protect our freedoms and have fallen in combat, and provide comfort and security against those who choose to use these tragic events to spew forth their vile message of hatred.

I had to stand at attention in front of the protestors both times, and did so with honor and peace of mind knowing that behind me and my teams there were literally hundreds of riders and their bikes shielding the families and friends of the fallen.

I have yet to be able to ride as a Patriot Guard member, but will do so when asked with the honor and dignity that the our soldiers and fallen warriors deserve.

God Bless America!

09flhtc 11-02-2009 01:53 AM

can you go to their church and take pics of everyone of them and post them up I will circulate them every where, no joke. Address of church would be great too. Then we could all go there and protest with our pipes while they try to conduct church.

Mr Pheer 11-02-2009 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by 09flhtc (Post 5801084)
can you go to their church and take pics of everyone of them and post them up I will circulate them every where, no joke. Address of church would be great too. Then we could all go there and protest with our pipes while they try to conduct church.

I get what you are saying and the meaning behind it... but remember, sinking to their level only makes you as bad as they are.

Chibamonkey 11-02-2009 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Pheer (Post 5801092)
I get what you are saying and the meaning behind it... but remember, sinking to their level only makes you as bad as they are.

Fortunately, they are at the opposite corner of the state, over 300 miles away.

As much as I would want to, I have to agree. We need to take the high road and not stoop to their level. Their day will come when they have to answer to someone.

09flhtc 11-02-2009 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Pheer (Post 5801092)

i'd go lower if it would get ride of them.:icon_qtank:

MidnitEvil 11-02-2009 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by RiverWolf (Post 5800825)
Been a member for a couple of years.
Hard to make most missions, as funerals are seldom held on weekends.
Not sure the reason for that fact.
Also, not all are sad, some are welcome home missions,
Some are goodbye's to oldtime vets.
I think it is a good cause.

PGR in Illinois only does funerals. WWR have been handling the welcome homes & everything else. I don't get the impression PGR is active in Northern Illinois any more.

jefnightrain 11-02-2009 07:28 AM

Maybe I am old fashioned but I look at religion as a chance to spread love & peace. I put the wackjobs from westboro in the same boat as terrorist. Hiding behind a curtain of religion to spread hate & misery. If their bus or van got Tboned buy a peterbilt on the way to a funeral and they were all killed, I think the world would be a better place without them.