Where Are All The Queens? - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums

The Queens Of The Road (For Women Bikers Only) "No Guys Allowed"

Where Are All The Queens?

Old 02-18-2018, 09:41 AM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain

Originally Posted by slim_powers View Post
I'm almost 2k over for my 25k service and haven't been riding on the weekends at all, just commuting to-and-from work. Pus, work is swallowing me whole and I'm super stressed and anxious about everything. Otherwise 2018 IS going better than 2017, I'm just not riding as much.

I've also stopped coming to this forum as a whole. Just so much going on, you know?
Kristin, I didn't know you commute with your bike, as well. Isn't it great to live in warm climate all year? But it can make you feel even weirder when not riding. I hear you about work, though. This is the time of year I'm the busiest at work, and our company has had some major changes this past year that are keeping me on my toes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ycbrewster For This Useful Post:
slim_powers (03-16-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 08:21 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

I check in too but don't see much action, just as guilty as everybody else.

I'm Secretary of my local HOG group this year so that is keeping me busy and I've been riding with HOG more than other groups and friends.

I was in England and Israel a couple weeks ago. Florida weather has been fab for riding this month, might go to Key Largo on Saturday, and on Sunday the HOG group are riding north aways.

Old 02-23-2018, 01:35 AM
Sarah93003
Ultimate HDF Member
Thanked 6,914 Times in 2,113 Posts

We've had some pretty chilly days and cold nights for the past week or so. I rode to work last Friday and that was COLD! The weekends after noon are best for riding right now. A new job is keeping me away from the forum quite a bit though.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:34 AM
Krash26
One Of The Regulars

We just got snow here all day yesterday!!! I guess it was nature, reminding us in Vancouver, that they are in control!!! The only thing I'm thinking about is staying warm and off the roads around here....the drivers here are horrible with a bit of snow on the roads! Scary...

Last edited by Krash26; 02-24-2018 at 09:35 AM. Reason: forgot a word
Old 03-01-2018, 12:32 PM
krielly66
One Of The Regulars

Jumping in late here, I know.......I'm guilty for not checking this Queen's page often.

Been a long *** winter here in Vermont. I'll likely not be out until late April, early May...mud season dependent......... Did have a couple friends pull in to our local watering hole on their bikes Tues night. It was in the high 30's...........lol. Great to hear that sound again for sure!!!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2018, 06:11 PM
jpr8r
Road Captain

I've been away for so long...I really enjoy reading the posts here, though. Thank you, Queens, for keeping this forum going. It's a friend through a long winter's journey. Now...let's ride!

Old 03-15-2018, 06:00 PM
CBud
Road Master
Default Guilty also

I have been focused on building my law practice. Last year I took breaks for vacation in the Keys, Two Wheels of Suches and the Florida Crew Rally.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:19 AM
Krash26
One Of The Regulars

We all have other "work" lives and its about trying to get a balance of work and play. So any break or vacation we can all take is the part of "play" we all need! As long as I can get some riding in, that is like a vacation for me! I'm now counting down the days when I can put insurance on my SB for 6 months and get out there! Mini vacation time!!!

Old 03-16-2018, 08:20 PM
slim_powers
Senior Rider

Originally Posted by Ycbrewster View Post
Kristin, I didn't know you commute with your bike, as well. Isn't it great to live in warm climate all year? But it can make you feel even weirder when not riding. I hear you about work, though. This is the time of year I'm the busiest at work, and our company has had some major changes this past year that are keeping me on my toes.
Motorcycling is the only way to beat traffic here in Southern California! I can't live without lane splitting anymore. On days when I do take my car, I get angry sitting in traffic, haha.

I think this warm climate makes me take it for granted. Oh, I won't ride this weekend because I can do it next weekend, etc. Lately it's been downright cold here though! I left my house in the morning a few times and it was in the high 30s, which isn't very common in my area of San Diego. My heated jacket helped my core but I was still shivering when I got off the bike. My hands were ice. But soon, I'll be breaking out my mesh jacket!

Old 03-21-2018, 02:19 PM
krielly66
One Of The Regulars

Up here in the Northeast, our riding season is so short, I actually CANCEL other plans when its nice out.