homeless woman - Harley Davidson Forums

Notices
The Queens Of The Road (For Women Bikers Only) "No Guys Allowed"

homeless woman

Old 11-07-2018, 05:47 PM
chicanagirl
Road Warrior
Default homeless woman

Recently I was in a public bathroom and this homeless girl walks in, dirty, barefoot asking if anyone has a pad. I knew she must be desparate to be asking strangers for a pad. I happened to have one in my purse, gave it to her. Homelessness is a problem here since housing has gotten expensive. If there was anything more I could do for her I would. I don't know her story and probably never will. There are little things we can do like leave some maxis in the bathroom for them. Anyone else had an experience with the homeless?

The Following User Says Thank You to chicanagirl For This Useful Post:
givnasecondchance (11-08-2018)
Old 11-07-2018, 10:05 PM
Sarah93003
Thanked 9,707 Times in 2,912 Posts

That was very kind of you. I suppose all of us in SoCal encounter these moments where we can pass along a little kindness. Kudos.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarah93003 For This Useful Post:
givnasecondchance (11-09-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 11:37 AM
givnasecondchance

Awww, poor thing. That was very kind. Yes, being in SoCal, I run into homelessness all the time. I even live in a little suburban city and it's there.

Old 11-10-2018, 12:41 PM
chicanagirl
Road Warrior

I don't have all the answers to the problem but housing being so expensive sure don't help.

The Following User Says Thank You to chicanagirl For This Useful Post:
Sarah93003 (11-10-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 08:32 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

It's expensive in South Florida too but not as bad as LA or NYC.

Some ladies carry a little kit in their cars with pads, tampons, freshen up wipes, chapstick, nail file, deodorant etc to be able to give away to a homeless woman. It's a great idea. Here we see panhandlers on almost every exit of I-95 but I don't often see women. Maybe I will make up a kit for just that reason because on occasion I see young girls that appear to be homeless begging for money. Too sad.

The Following User Says Thank You to uklauren For This Useful Post:
Sarah93003 (11-14-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 11:49 AM
Chilidog11
One Of The Regulars

It's sad. I live about 40 miles south west of Chicago and we have a group that frequents the off ramps of the expressways. It's unfortunate that these groups ruin it for the people who truly need help. Several of our "homeless" have been photographed getting into brand new cars and carrying i-phones. I try to help when i feel the person is legit.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:10 PM
saltlick
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by chicanagirl View Post
Recently I was in a public bathroom and this homeless girl walks in, dirty, barefoot asking if anyone has a pad. I knew she must be desparate to be asking strangers for a pad. I happened to have one in my purse, gave it to her. Homelessness is a problem here since housing has gotten expensive. If there was anything more I could do for her I would. I don't know her story and probably never will. There are little things we can do like leave some maxis in the bathroom for them. Anyone else had an experience with the homeless?

I was homeless for many years, got kicked out of my moms house when i was 17 with nothing but the clothes on my back. Went to a friends house and slept on his couch until he couldn't take it anymore then threw me out. I have and had PTSD from a very bad childhood, and turned to drugs. Not a good scene out there, everyone on the street just wants to take what little you got..if you have anything at all. There is no code of ethics, you have to sleep with one eye open for fear of getting beat up or worse. You get good after a while at finding places to sleep where you have a least chance of getting hastled (graveyards, abandoned buildings, out in the forest somewhere) and you get good at sponging off of people and asking for things....but heres the catch....and i feel like i have the right to say this because i was there....most people can pull themselves out of it IF THEY CHOOSE. It is not easy at all but can be done. I say most because there are some that are homeless because they have really bad mental disorders that cant be overcome. But this is the few, and not the majority. I now have a good career as a senior analyst for major health system, a family and a harley. That is all because i chose to pull my head out of my *** and became a part of society that contributes instead of being a victim and a sponge. I have no sympathy for the homeless honestly, like i said most of them just need to pull thier head out of thier ***.

The Following User Says Thank You to saltlick For This Useful Post:
Angelfire36 (12-09-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 12:25 AM
Bonnie Storm
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by saltlick View Post
.and i feel like i have the right to say this because i was there....most people can pull themselves out of it IF THEY CHOOSE. It is not easy at all but can be done. I say most because there are some that are homeless because they have really bad mental disorders that cant be overcome. But this is the few, and not the majority. I now have a good career as a senior analyst for major health system, a family and a harley. That is all because i chose to pull my head out of my *** and became a part of society that contributes instead of being a victim and a sponge. I have no sympathy for the homeless honestly, like i said most of them just need to pull thier head out of thier ***.
Actually "David", you have no rights here! You are a man in the "Woman Bikers Only" section of the forum. You can not address any woman's issues simply because you don't know. Being a homeless female is a lot different than being a homeless man.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bonnie Storm For This Useful Post:
ubreal (01-05-2019)
Old 11-22-2018, 12:44 AM
saltlick
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bonnie Storm View Post
Actually "David", you have no rights here! You are a man in the "Woman Bikers Only" section of the forum. You can not address any woman's issues simply because you don't know. Being a homeless female is a lot different than being a homeless man.
LOL!! sorry wrong area. Carry on then.

Old 12-29-2018, 06:45 PM
Judita67
Default Yes

I have. As long as I can remember, Iíve been giving them what I canít or donít use. I have a tote in my closet that I have been filling. I put clothes that are gently worn, socks, anything I buy new, I put the used in the tote. Old sheets and blankets and shoes. I take them to wherever I see them and let them pick from what I have. I also take my kids gently used clothes and toys to shelters. I give thanks every day for life. Then I think someone has less, then as my day goes if I see something that fits loose or right or stuff I havenít touched I will put it in the tote. I even buy food to go and leave it to our local homeless friend ďDanielĒ!❤️Heís so thankful and kind❤️
QUOTE=chicanagirl;17811091]Recently I was in a public bathroom and this homeless girl walks in, dirty, barefoot asking if anyone has a pad. I knew she must be desparate to be asking strangers for a pad. I happened to have one in my purse, gave it to her. Homelessness is a problem here since housing has gotten expensive. If there was anything more I could do for her I would. I don't know her story and probably never will. There are little things we can do like leave some maxis in the bathroom for them. Anyone else had an experience with the homeless?[/QUOTE]

The Following User Says Thank You to Judita67 For This Useful Post:
Sarah93003 (12-30-2018)

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: