Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Model Pictures (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-model-pictures-114/)
-   -   The Official Streetglide "Picture" Thread (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-model-pictures/22800-the-official-streetglide-picture-thread.html)

Terry TK 02-18-2006 04:52 PM

The Official Streetglide "Picture" Thread

This thread is for Streetglide owners to post pictures of their specific model.

Have at it boys and girls.

MACK 02-18-2006 06:03 PM

RE: The Official Streetglide Thread

KEEP IN MIND THAT ALL ROAD KINGS STREET GLIDE, ROAD GLIDE , ELECTRA GLIDE STANDARD. CLASSIC AND ULTRA CLASSIC ARE THE SAME EXCEPT FOR ACCESSORIES. SAME ENGINE, TRANS,DRIVELINE SUSPENSION ETC.

Terry TK 02-18-2006 06:05 PM

Yes, that is true but they are still different bikes. The softails all have their own threads in the softail forum. I thought it was only fair.

bountyhunter 02-18-2006 07:09 PM

Welcome to the "OFFICIAL" STREETER'S thread. Lets see some pics.[sm=Flahssssss.gif]

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5356/a016rw6.jpg

Streetrunner 02-18-2006 07:48 PM

Thanks Terry, great idea!

BTW, just want to get your opinion. Recently added a SERT and had the SG dyno tuned. Things seemed fine and was happy with the results. I had some gurgling on decel, that about it.
Today a took the bike back to the dealer I purchased it from for it's 1000 service which happens to be a different dealer than the one that added the SERT etc. The only reason I went to went back to them was because they owed me a free service which was part of the original deal. Well, while riding home I noticed that my idle was a tad lower, had more gurgle on decel than before, the bike backfired once on decel and there seemed to be a bit more vibration in the floorboards although I'm not sure if it was part imagination.
I explained to the dealer that a SERT was installed and please don't do anything that may alter the settings. Maybe this was a mistake I don't know.
Do you think they could have done anything intentional or accidental during the service that may have affected performance?
They changed the plugs and fluids, lubed the cables, adjusted the clutch and belts. Would they have any reason to check the ECM? They didn't say they did but you never know.

So, What do you think? What should I do?

Huffdaddy 02-20-2006 07:42 AM

Hey streetrunner, even though its a pain in the a-- I would get it back and have them make it right, obviously some adjustment had to be made if you niticed all the changes. All, I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say I brought home a street glide Sat. Had the 103 kit installed with some samson pipes and loving it. I'll be getting some pics on here soon.

Huffdaddy

2006streetglide 02-20-2006 07:43 AM

Thanks Terry for the Thread.

Here is a couple from me.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5541/3361B0BD879C4111A127D80D24E2E999.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5541/2C38C38C40B841F48E42B68470EEF290.jpg[/IMG]

Huffdaddy 02-20-2006 07:58 AM

Nice job on that bike streetglide06, where did you get the seat? Does it lower you to the asphault?

Huffdaddy
06 Vivid Black SG 103

lil_gmac2 02-20-2006 12:00 PM

Yes we have made it to the top. :D I love harleys but the streetglide make my heart skip a beat.

Isshinryu 02-20-2006 02:40 PM

RE: The Official Streetglide "Picture" Thread

Well let me add my street glide to this thread.

Streetrunner, If your tune is not right take it back to the place that dyno tuned it, they should guarantee the work. I have the SERT and dyno tune on mine and fortunately it has been perfect. The harley store that did the work said if there was any problem to bring it back and they would fix it.

I love my street glide!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/6262/57EE9D713DA944DCB62630B0E1E5E8AB.jpg[/IMG]