Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-103/)
-   -   trade slip ons??? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1000075-trade-slip-ons.html)

Dharn55 09-18-2014 06:41 PM

I have a set of CVO 4" slip ons. 64900111 and 64900112.

gasman1620 09-19-2014 03:19 PM

guess I should have added some more information. I don't want anything stock, I have the stock pipes my bike came with. The monster ovals are very very deep toned, but not really loud. I may want something a bit louder or I may just keep them and get a V&H head pipe so my cat goes bye bye. Just want some more sound.

my67pnycar 09-19-2014 03:41 PM

So when you do this trade, what if you don't like the sound of what you get?? What if its worse than what you had? What you are asking is like buying a used car off the ole interweb site unseen, going off the description and having it delivered, once you get it, your STUCK with it. Just sayin man. IMO, I would go down to events and listen to riders bikes, once you hear what you like, start talking to em and go from there dude. Kind of a crazy thread, but to each their own.

user 8373900 09-19-2014 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by gasman1620 (Post 13233824)
guess I should have added some more information. I don't want anything stock, I have the stock pipes my bike came with. The monster ovals are very very deep toned, but not really loud. I may want something a bit louder or I may just keep them and get a V&H head pipe so my cat goes bye bye. Just want some more sound.

Wait to trade till after your headpipe switch. I think your monster ovals will be fine. They will be at least 25% louder if not more.

Mark

Larry the Landlord 09-19-2014 09:46 PM

I have a pair of Supertraps.

dochawken 09-20-2014 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by ONEDOWNAND5UP (Post 13234380)
Wait to trade till after your headpipe switch. I think your monster ovals will be fine. They will be at least 25% louder if not more.

Mark

Exactly...

gasman1620 09-20-2014 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by my67pnycar (Post 13233907)
So when you do this trade, what if you don't like the sound of what you get?? What if its worse than what you had? What you are asking is like buying a used car off the ole interweb site unseen, going off the description and having it delivered, once you get it, your STUCK with it. Just sayin man. IMO, I would go down to events and listen to riders bikes, once you hear what you like, start talking to em and go from there dude. Kind of a crazy thread, but to each their own.

I'm not stuck with anything..... I know what the monster ovals are worth, I'm not trading them for something that isn't worth it. And if I hate them I can keep it moving. There could be someone with pipes they think are to loud looking for something quieter and we could swap them out.

Originally Posted by Larry the Landlord (Post 13235044)
I have a pair of Supertraps.

which supertraps?

Originally Posted by dochawken (Post 13235368)
Exactly...

People can't do as they please here?

NWGlide 09-20-2014 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by ONEDOWNAND5UP (Post 13234380)

Mark

I just put the Monster Rounds with the Power Duals on my bike and I can tell you that it's much quieter than the stock head pipe (cat in tact) with V&H twin slash ovals. The Monster Rounds aren't much louder than stock, if any, just deeper even with a header and they're HEAVY. I liked the sound of the Twin Slash ovals, they bark a little when you get on it, where as the Monsters only growl.

my67pnycar 09-20-2014 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by gasman1620 (Post 13236303)
I'm not stuck with anything..... I know what the monster ovals are worth, I'm not trading them for something that isn't worth it. And if I hate them I can keep it moving. There could be someone with pipes they think are to loud looking for something quieter and we could swap them out.

which supertraps?

People can't do as they please here?

I am glad that you know what your slip ons are worth. If you hate the ones you get, you are stuck with them until you trade, sell, listen to them on your bike each time you start it up in disgust or throw them away, which could be forever, ANYWAY, I was just giving you my opinion on the smart thing to do before getting something in the mail sight unseen, lighten up Francis. Like I said, to each their own.

Larry the Landlord 09-21-2014 02:20 PM

part no I have for the Super Traps, 1801-0518. They do not have the removable discs that I assoiate with Super Trap