Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer...??

Old 10-10-2014, 08:26 AM
Pappy1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer...??

How many Guys here pull a trailer behind the bike....I had a Goldwing back in the Early 90's and pulled a Escapade behind it....I saw one of those new N-line trailers the other day...single wheel in back...very nice looking rig...just not sure if I want to go back with one for extra storage....anyone pulling a trailer...Thoughts....

Old 10-10-2014, 09:28 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,720 Likes on 18,538 Posts

I've got a Bushtec Quantum that pulls like a dream. You really don't know it's there. No adverse effects what so ever. They're pricey but they work fantastic.

http://www.bushtec.com/

Old 10-10-2014, 09:51 AM
rick-e-b
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a Harbor Freight trailer with an X-cargo clam shell on it that I pulled with my Road Glide. It was easy to pull no problems. I sold it last week because I so rarely used it. I bought it to go camping, but my wife will not go without taking our dog because he loves to camp too.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Boomer1143
Road Master
Received 174 Likes on 133 Posts

I pull one of these. It pulls great and adds a lot of extra storage.

http://www.piggybacker.com/Piggyback...o_Trailer.html

Old 10-10-2014, 10:46 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,229 Likes on 803 Posts

I have pulled a trailer, but not behind my Harley. Ultimately I sold it.

Never cared for the load, the noise reflection, the thinking for reverse, etc. Allowed me to carry too much stuff. If I'm that loaded, I'd rather take the car.

The N-line and other tilting single axle trailers are interesting, but not enough so to cause me to spend the money to play with one.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,720 Likes on 18,538 Posts

Originally Posted by foxtrapper
I have pulled a trailer, but not behind my Harley. Ultimately I sold it.

Never cared for the load, the noise reflection, the thinking for reverse, etc. Allowed me to carry too much stuff. If I'm that loaded, I'd rather take the car.

The N-line and other tilting single axle trailers are interesting, but not enough so to cause me to spend the money to play with one.
If I'm that loaded, I'd rather take the car ... If I can carry it all, I don't NEED to take the car :>) Several trips around the country and never had a problem with room, road conditions, noise nor negotiating turns or parking. To each his own I guess.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:22 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,188 Likes on 8,354 Posts

I`m trying to sell a bike hauling trailer now that I`ve used only twice since I bought it a year or so ago June. Just put an ad in the local paper. We`ll see how it goes....

Old 10-10-2014, 12:14 PM
rlh7677
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Trailer

Been pulling an American Legend for a few years and enjoy it very much ! Nothing left at home for anyone to steal !

Attached Thumbnails Trailer...??-tablet-pics-198.jpg   Trailer...??-tablet-pics-524.jpg  
Old 10-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Concours
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bushtec Roadstar .. third bike I've pulled it with. Used to camp out of it (have a Bunkhouse camper now that we use our other bike to pull), now we just use the Bushtec for long trips where we're not camping or gone for more than a weekend.

Last trip was from Green Bay WI to Fayetteville AR and back a couple of weeks ago. Can easily get a weekend's worth of clothes for my wife and I in the saddle bags, and the tourpak is usually where my camera gear, some odds & ends, and my wife's purse go ... but using the Bushtec allowed us to not worry about "going minimal" for a 10 day trip..we were able to pack for 10 days each; have a place for jackets; gifts for the grandkids; a place for my computer and office materials (I had to work on this trip); and room if I found anything I wanted at BBQ.

I think too many people over think or under think why or why not to tow a trailer. I look it as a choice my wife and I make .. last trip was over 1,800 miles with trailer (a couple hundred without), we were still in the saddle putting the miles in just like any other bike out there .. having a trailer behind ours didn't make us any less riders than any other rider on the road. The Bushtec works for us when we want to use it .. I appreciate that some anti trailer riders are concerned for our safety, or they believe we're somehow less of a rider than they are; I'm concerned for their safety as well and the other, oh well...

Last edited by Concours; 10-10-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I look at Bushtec trailers frequently, thinking I may pull the trigger some day... But my wife and I can travel 2-up for 16 days and only need to do laundry once using saddlebags (left =wife, right=me) , tourpak (me) and rack bag (wife). I'm afraid if I got a trailer, she'd bring/buy more stuff.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trailer...??