Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody Running a Danny Gray Short Hop 2 Up XL

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 01:36 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Anybody Running a Danny Gray Short Hop 2 Up XL

Hello, I'm looking for some feedback on the Danny Gray Short Hop 2 Up XL seat. I have read that it sits you down and back a lot compared to stock and other seats. I just bought a Lepera Silhouette but I would like to be down and back more. I would love to see some pics of the seat on your bike.

Thanks!

Old 10-27-2014, 02:21 PM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by lhgdale
Hello, I'm looking for some feedback on the Danny Gray Short Hop 2 Up XL seat. I have read that it sits you down and back a lot compared to stock and other seats. I just bought a Lepera Silhouette but I would like to be down and back more. I would love to see some pics of the seat on your bike.

Thanks!

Had one, no pictures to show unfortunately. It will put you low down and back. Great looking seat. Beautiful in fact. It IS HARD though. If you have any tendencies toward back problems, don't walk, run from it. I had to take mine off, and eventually sold it. You will look good on it though, and it will look great on your bike. One of my favorites for looks.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:48 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by gipper
Had one, no pictures to show unfortunately. It will put you low down and back. Great looking seat. Beautiful in fact. It IS HARD though. If you have any tendencies toward back problems, don't walk, run from it. I had to take mine off, and eventually sold it. You will look good on it though, and it will look great on your bike. One of my favorites for looks.
Thanks for the info! I had a bare bones on my previous bike and was hoping the Silhouette would sit similar just with a little more padding.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:03 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Ordered one yesterday off Amazon for a smokin deal. I can't wait to get it on.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:28 PM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

Good for you! Dunno much about the barebones seat, but I am doubting the DG will have more padding. If nothing else, you'll look good on your bike, and when you're not on your bike, the seat will look low down and dirty...in very nasty ways. For looks, it doesn't get much better, IMO.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:50 PM
AGSURFR
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Danny Gray Weekday 2-Up Seat

I have the Weekday 2-up on my FatBob. It does sit you down and back.

Is it hard, yes.

Do I like it, yes.

I think it has just enough cushion.

Haven't tried it for hundreds of miles but I have ridden out to the coast and ran around on it all day. I don't ride with a passenger so I can't comment on that.

Don't have a close up picture but here is a side shot.

Attached Thumbnails Anybody Running a Danny Gray Short Hop 2 Up XL-mclarty-tresure-museum.jpg  
Old 10-29-2014, 08:07 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks, I have no plans of riding a passenger unless someone begs for a ride. I really do like the look of the seat and Danny Grays customer service has been great. I have bugged the heck out of them the past few days getting measurements, leather color (Lepera vinyl is a dark grey) and double checking part # for fitment on my bike.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:17 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Got the seat in yesterday. It really sits you back and down. Just what I was looking for. It puts me in a much more comfortable riding position.

Old 04-22-2022, 03:27 PM
Gobfodder
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lhgdale

Thanks!

The seat is amazing it does certainly sit you down and back , I was going to go with 16 in bars until I put that seat on after I did I went with 12 inch bars and got the perfect feel I was gonna get with the 16s but lower and not too high above the fairring now so perfect . The seat is not for a 2000 mile ride by any means but for a day trip or couple days it's fine , feels good and looks amazing .