Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1800 Miles of "Touring"

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 01:38 AM
Ibfuelish
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Default 1800 Miles of "Touring"

I've been gone from the house for 9 days. 4 1/2 of those committed to riding. Only rode in 4 states, but got 1800 miles in and lots of places seen. Here's the list of places in the order I rode through them. Feel free to google map them.

Left Fresno 11/3: Rode via Highway 180 to 245 through Badger, then 65 out to 155 (Garces Highway) through the town of Woody, CA then to Lake Isabella and Highway 178 to overnight in Ridgecrest, CA. Awoke early and headed out 178 through Trona, CA to 190 to Stovepipe Wells, CA then on to Beatty, NV via 374 or Daylight Pass RD. After Beatty, NV, took 95 south to Las Vegas and then caught the 15 up to St. George for the night. Next morning, up early to travel up the 15 a short jaunt to Highway 9 which passes through Zion National Park and on to 89 south towards Flagstaff. Ended up in Phoenix that afternoon. Parked the bike, hopped a plane to Corpus Christi to meet up with my wife and spend a few days with the Brother In Law. Woke up at 1:30am CA time and flew back to Phoenix, hopped on the bike and rode to Burbank, CA to meet back up with my wife who flew back home to Fresno to pick up the kids and drive down to Burbank. I got into the hotel around 6pm and she rolled up around 7:30 with the kids in tow. Hit Universal studios, Venice Beach for a sunset, a Hipster Coffee house with the kids (they love coffee). Next morning did some shopping and then headed back home. Rolled into the drive after 9 days of being gone, living out of a small Kuryakin (sp? too lazy to check) roll bag and a big grin on my face. It was awesome and I have the pics to prove it. They're coming up soon.

Mike

Old 11-12-2014, 01:56 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

B..f..d

Old 11-12-2014, 03:36 AM
skiddd
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome..............

Old 11-12-2014, 08:33 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
B..f..d
I gotta hand it to you. There are few things on here that make me laugh out loud but when I read that I cracked up.....
thanks,,,,made my day.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:41 AM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,408 Likes on 879 Posts

Hey this guy has been talking about this trip for months - I don't know why you are putting him down - this is a touring bike website after all.

To the OP - there's nothing like being on your own on a bike - I'll be doing it again as soon as the stars align properly. Post up pictures and a travelogue.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:09 AM
05flhtbob
Stellar HDF Member
Received 10,649 Likes on 1,730 Posts

good for you!! should have put some pics up too
the bfd comment was quite funny though!!

Old 11-12-2014, 09:37 AM
Ibfuelish
Road Captain

First photo stop out of town. Came to a pullout on the side of the road, slowed, down shifted, pulled clutch in to stop, put my foot down and found nothing but gravel...bike started to lean and I couldn't stop it. Down it went. Note to self, pay attention dumba$$.

Oh crap, I didn't think there would be snow here. Ended up cutting out the 198 loop to see the General Sherman tree. The route was closed anyway.

Woody, CA

Looking down on Panamint City

So much for Caltrans reports of no road restrictions. I must still be in California.

Virgin, UT

Zion: Yosemite is beautiful, but here in Zion, you can get closer to the canyon walls without hiking.

Vermillion Cliffs, UT (I think...could be AZ)

Navajo Bridge spanning the upper portion of the Colorado River. Panoramic on my phone kinda jacked the shot up, but it's not bad

Old 11-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Ibfuelish
Road Captain

BFD? I suppose my post isn't really that interesting. I mean, it's not about the latest muffler bearing from V&H or the best Radio Shack tuner available for my 88"

I guess I could've shared the troubles I had installing an adjustable back rest and how I had to black smith a bracket into existence to get the whole menagerie to work properly.

I just thought the route explanation and pics would be interesting given a good portion of you all are entering winter and will be stuck in the garage for awhile. Denver's at 2 degrees F today, so there's that!

Old 11-12-2014, 09:51 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Nice photos. Thanks for sharing!

Old 11-12-2014, 10:00 AM
fat daddy
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like you picked out a nice route,glad you had fun!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 1800 Miles of "Touring"