Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Anyone have Gerbing G12 gloves? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1016506-anyone-have-gerbing-g12-gloves.html)

SWThomas 12-20-2014 08:15 PM

Anyone have Gerbing G12 gloves?

I'm looking for some heated gloves and came across the Gerbing G12. They appear to be only available in the UK. Does anyone have these or are they some knock-off junk?

EasternSP 12-20-2014 08:21 PM

I have a set of Gerbing gloves and they are great. The only draw back on them, well 2, is: they take some time to get the wire run down your sleeves then plug the gloves in then plug yourself into the bike. Don't forget to unplug before ya get off the bike. The other problem is the design of the gloves. Most cold weather gloves have a larger opening so the glove will slide over the sleeve of your leather easily. The Gerbing has a tight opening. You can get the first glove over your sleeve but getting the other one on is difficult because when your finger is covered by the glove, ya can't get it under the opening of the glove to pull it over your leather sleeve.

SWThomas 12-20-2014 08:47 PM

Thanks! I'm aware of Gerbing gloves. I inquiring specifically about the "G12" gloves.

Rickl 12-21-2014 05:16 AM

Just ran across an ad for Gordonsheated.com. It is Gordon Gerbings new company inventor of the original Gerbings. You should check it out.

Stiggy 12-21-2014 05:20 AM

To answer your question, no, I've not heard of G-12's. I just researched Gerbings and bought a pair of G-3's (they are not that good IMO,) and only had to choose between them and the G-5 "hybrids" in their current offerings.

Scaredofrain 12-21-2014 05:31 AM

G12 are the new line of Gerbing heated gloves. I love Gerbings myself but, that's based on owning the G3.

Gordonsheated, bye the way, has nothing to do with Gerbings (other than that he founded and later sold the company)

Stiggy 12-21-2014 07:09 AM

Google the G12 and they seem to only be advertised in Europe at this time. Would like to know what their "patented European heating system" is about. Perhaps it a test market trial?

SWThomas 12-21-2014 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Scaredofrain (Post 13515613)
G12 are the new line of Gerbing heated gloves. I love Gerbings myself but, that's based on owning the G3.

Gordonsheated, bye the way, has nothing to do with Gerbings (other than that he founded and later sold the company)

Why aren't the G12 gloves listed on Gerbing's website?

TheGrandPoohBah 12-21-2014 07:36 AM

Compare the CURRENT warrantees...

scumBAGGER 12-21-2014 07:36 AM

just a fyi...gerbing warranty sucks now and they jack you around....I have gloves,liner and they been in shop 2 times in last 3 years and they keep denying the warranty......now the controller has taken a shit and thats the second 100$ controller in 3 years (wait its the 3rd controller I bought a cheap on and off one for a replacement when i sent the first one in)

looks like Gordons has brought back the lifetime warranty and 2 year on electronics

all my gear is back at geerbing again and they have denied the claim AGAIN on the gloves.....called Tex...have not got a return call yet.....I cant sell my gerbing crap fast enough