Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Road Glide with a Mastad

Old 01-09-2015, 05:46 PM
BigBrainBob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Road Glide with a Mastad

Hey kids, just wanted to let all know, my wait is finally over. Working with Cody and Mark from Madstad, I opted for the fix mount rather the the quick release, no way in hell would I be removing the shield from time to time. And the 64K question, does it work, YES IT DOES!!!!!!. I'm running with the 13", and my shield position is just above the lowest point to look over. I set tall in the saddle and was expecting the shield to be raised higher, but was not needed.

One point, if you go with the fixed setup, mount the brackets on the base, before you install the base to the bike, with the new 2015 styling, there is very little room to hold the bottom backside nut without possibly scratching that shinny surface, it's just a tight fit for any tool.

My test ride felt as if I was on my 2011 RGU with the madstad, just the smooth stream of air coming at you, I did have the OEM air slot closed, so I'm uncertain as to the difference with it being open. Now the air that would flow right at ear level with stock shield, meaning not able to hear anything, including the Boom Box. Now air flows above my helmet and on the at about shoulder hight. Mind you I haven't dialed anything in yet, too cold, but just having it on was a big difference. I'm happy

And of course it looks funny to some, but this is my second setup and "It still works!!!!"

Attached Thumbnails 2015 Road Glide with a Mastad-img_0848.jpg   2015 Road Glide with a Mastad-img_0849.jpg   2015 Road Glide with a Mastad-img_0850.jpg  
Old 01-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Madstad. Good stuff. It brings out the fugly!

Old 01-09-2015, 05:50 PM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All is right with the world!

Old 01-10-2015, 11:03 AM
usraptor
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just curious as to why you had the OEM air slot closed? From what I've read having the slot open is supposed to eliminate the buffeting and therefore eliminate the need for a Madstad. Seems like I would have tried riding with it open for a while before I went to the expense and trouble of buying a Madstad. Maybe somebody who has the new windshield and rides with the air slot open can chime in on this??

Old 01-10-2015, 03:41 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

I am not a fan of the look of the Madstad, but I have to say, it looks better on the new fairing than it did on the old. Can't put my finger on what it is, but It seems to flow better.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:42 AM
DDUCK22
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by usraptor
Just curious as to why you had the OEM air slot closed? From what I've read having the slot open is supposed to eliminate the buffeting and therefore eliminate the need for a Madstad. Seems like I would have tried riding with it open for a while before I went to the expense and trouble of buying a Madstad. Maybe somebody who has the new windshield and rides with the air slot open can chime in on this??
I know this is a bit old but riding with the vents open is only slightly better than with closed. Matter of fact, it's horrible riding with them closed. I had a 13" madstad on my 2013 RGC and that shield was phenomenal. I could feel a breeze but it was VERY calm. I recently traded my 13 for the 15 and I plan on getting the 13" madstad or it. There isn't a better performing shield. Now the looks... that's a different story. I can say you will get use to the look. In my opinion the Klockwerks 14" sport looks better but I heard and read that they don't perform as they should. At higher speeds the KW windshield didn't prevent buffeting and riders werent able to clearly hear the stereo. With the Madstad I clearly heard the stereo at speeds between 80-100 mph. People who knock the Madstad is because they have never sat behind one. They are hands down the best windshield you can buy for the road glide. I would bet any amount of $ that it will out perform any other windshield on the market. You can light a cigarette behind this thing.

The following users liked this post:
infanterene (09-10-2020)
Old 05-09-2015, 12:01 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

FuglIER

Old 05-09-2015, 12:25 PM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

I sure hope that works cause it looks like poop on a platter. Any reason not to try a recurve or sent there any out yet?

Old 05-09-2015, 01:35 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
....... I have to say, it looks better on the new fairing than it did on the old. .....

Old 05-09-2015, 02:18 PM
campos
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad the new windshield works for you but one of the main reasons I did not get the Road Glide. I think the aftermarket windshields are hideous. Whenever people ask my why get a Street Glide over the Road Glide that was my #1 reason. The buffeting on the Road Glide is unbearable. I had an 05 Road Glide and my wife wouldn't even ride on it because the wind buffeting was so bad. That was why I opted for the Street Glide this time.
Nice bike though

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Road Glide with a Mastad