Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tw777 adj pushrod length?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 08:59 PM
Moochoff
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tw777 adj pushrod length?

Anyone save any measurements from their tw777 cam install? I'm using night prowler lifters that came with my fuelmoto 107ci kit.

I after adjusting push rod I got .400, .425, and .3xx between my lock nuts after adjusting for zero lash and using the "four turns and two flats" on the bottom. Let the lifter sit for a while and did the next.

Why are my measurements not symmetrical? I didn't do the front exhaust yet since I assumed something isn't right... I also had both lifters bottomed out and the piston at tdc

Thanks
Jake

Old 03-06-2015, 09:05 PM
INSteelersFan
Cruiser

Intake and exhaust pushrods are diffrent lengths, so that may be part of it.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:07 PM
Moochoff
Advanced

The first 2 were exhaust and intake, which are expecting to be a little different according to fuelmoto. But my rear intake was .400 and the front was .377 between the lock nuts after procedure, are these acceptable tolerances??

Not sure why my front intake is shorter? When turning the engine by the tire in gear, I don't feel any binding in the rear... Maybe just being ultra paranoid, I have bugged FM a few times and have been helpful but they aren't available on the weekend

Jake

Old 03-07-2015, 04:58 AM
sporacer
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Moochoff
The first 2 were exhaust and intake, which are expecting to be a little different according to fuelmoto. But my rear intake was .400 and the front was .377 between the lock nuts after procedure, are these acceptable tolerances??

Not sure why my front intake is shorter? When turning the engine by the tire in gear, I don't feel any binding in the rear... Maybe just being ultra paranoid, I have bugged FM a few times and have been helpful but they aren't available on the weekend

Jake
.023 will not make any difference. You should not be worried about the distance between the lock nuts . Did you make sure you were on the base circle of the camshaft and making sure you start your adjustment from zero lash?

Last edited by sporacer; 03-07-2015 at 05:03 AM.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:30 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

After you have found 0 lash you should sink the PR .140 thous deep into the lifter. The exhaust PR's are longer than the intakes. Just make sure that your piston is at TDC on the compression stroke when you make the adj. You can also go to Several sites and see the proper procedure on adjusting the PR's but there is one on Big Boyz that I really like. This is something you want to get right and if you think it's something out of your wheelhouse I'd find a good indie to help out !!

Old 03-07-2015, 10:18 AM
REPO1
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

You are working with hydraulic lifters, not solid. As long as you put the proper preload on them you should be OK. Make sure there wasn't a spec of dirt on the top of the lifter that is making the one rod appear shorter. Other than that, just put it together and ride it.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:04 AM
Moochoff
Advanced

You guys are like motorcycle therapist. This build has been keeping me up at night $$$.

I redid the front intake and came up with .378 so pretty identical. I measured .232 at zero lash.

So I lengthened it approx .146, which is close enough to .140 for me. I am just being the nervous nail biter I think....... Not even sure if my caliper is even that accurate

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!

Finishing the small stuff today, and made a final appt for a dyno time on Tuesday. Might have to go to work while they run it so I don't have an anxiety attack and tip over like a faint hearted *****.

Jake

Old 03-13-2015, 02:34 PM
Moochoff
Advanced

Dyno work is done-ish

I'm having a little bit of "rocker arm tapping the cover" noise. It gets louder under load so that makes me think it may just be an exhaust leak. Going to check it out tonight with a hose to my ear. Maybe just me being paranoid about a little extra noise from the new cam and lifters

Jake

Old 03-13-2015, 08:43 PM
Moochoff
Advanced

Well after stethascoping the new 107, its definitely the air cleaner sucking air lol

fml

Jake

Old 03-13-2015, 09:07 PM
REPO1
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

What kind of noise was it? I'm hoping to get my 107" build running next week. I'm nervous as hell.

Quick Reply: Tw777 adj pushrod length?