Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Ride Shields Review

Old 04-19-2015, 09:19 PM
skibum0607
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Long Ride Shields Review

Apologies ahead of time for the long story.... I recently ordered the Recurve Ultra shield from LRS for my 15 Limited to try to eliminate the minor head buffeting that I was getting from the stock shield. I ordered from LRS based on the good reviews I read on this forum (super fast shipping, by the way) and I got it at 50% off using a discount code from here as well.

After installing the shield, I wiped it down to remove the fingerprints and get it ready to ride and give it a try. I used a soft wet towel to wipe it clean and another microfiber towel to dry it, both towels were newly cleaned. I never clean a windshield with anything other than water on any bike I've owned.

After getting the bike out in the sun I could immediately see really fine scratches all over the shield that I'm sure were not there when I installed it. I couldn't believe that the first wipe down I gave it scratched it so easily. I checked both towels I used for some kind of debris that might have caused the scratches but there was nothing, and both towels were super soft and completely clean. I thought to myself, how did this shield get such good reviews?

So I emailed LRS and told them what happened. James at LRS emailed me back right away and told me that should not have happened and suggested that because the Ultra shield I ordered was an acrylic material I could just buff out the scratches, or if I wanted he would swap it for the Elite shield which is a polycarbonate material and has a scratch resistant surface (but could not be buffed if scratched). Well since I wipe my shield down before every ride, I knew the Ultra was not going to work for me.

I asked James if we could make the swap and he told me that if I paid for the return shipping of the old shield he would send me out the Elite shield for no extra charge, even though I bought the other shield on a 50% discount. He sent out the new shield right away and I returned the old shield the same day. Again, I received the new shield super fast and it was EXACTLY what I was looking for. It's handled all my wipe downs with no issues and has completely eliminated my head buffeting.

Bottom line.... James Ferlingere and Long Ride Shields get an A+ for fantastic customer service. The Recurve Elite shield gets an A+ and is highly recommended if you are looking for a shield with good clarity and wind deflection. However, I'd not recommend the Recurve Ultra shield unless you don't mind scratches on your shield or don't mind taking your shield off and buffing them out every so often.

In the end, I'm completely satisfied. I would definitely do business again with LRS and I'm sure my collection of Long Ride Shields has just begun. So thanks, James. I appreciate the great service!!!

Old 04-19-2015, 09:23 PM
Pix
Road Master
Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

Agree, there customer service is top notch