Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Road King - Bagless and other mods

Old 01-20-2018, 06:48 PM
big_matt_sfv
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by condor25
As Cygusx51 mentioned, I agree on the flow of the rear of my bike. So, this winter going to modify the side covers to look like the BruisersInc ones, tighter to the frame, triangular (FXRish) and smoother, as the indent is no longer needed for the bags. The flow will sweep gently rearward. I want the Touring ride, which I believe is much better than the soft tail, while still being able to uncover back wheel, shocks etc. I have travel bags that I slip over the front or rear of the sissy bar for whatever the day entails. As always good to hear feedback all, thanks.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...g-boy-fxr.html

So this was my attempt at a baggless Road King. I just cut the side covers along the line of the frame. I wasn't aiming for a bike that I could convert back and forth, but rather a big FXR. Trust me. Having a bike that has a frame and rear shock placement like an FXR while having a neck that protrudes through the triple trees and pulls the front end rather than pushing it like an FXR or FXD, creates the potential to outhandle and outrun them all day long. Coupled with a 41mm dual disk front end, the touring bike (with some modification) is a beast.

Currently I have the fairing removed, I have 16" narrow SPF stainless T Bars, an enforcer 19" front wheel with brembo calipers, a stealth short bagger exhaust, and I put a steel plate on the front end which I bolted a trackerdie stacked, dual LED bar headlight set up onto. So its a Road King FXR street tracker. With 13.5" shocks on the rear, I can take sweeping turns as fast as the bike will go with no wobble.

But a lot of these guys are right; you gotta choose a path to take. But everyone of them that says they don't see the point of a baggless Road King does not understand the true capability and handling these bikes have.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:58 PM
deadbroke
Tourer
Received 123 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Sell that Road King and buy a Heritage. They DON'T look like crap with the bags removed.
Yeah boy.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:33 PM
longdave
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bagless Road King

This bagless '99 Road King is my daily ride

Old 11-06-2018, 03:02 PM
macbar19
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the look of the above two bikes (i.ride.solo and longdave). The side cover does distract a little but still not bad looking bikes. I have thought about a RK Bobber, similar to the post above (longdave) but with a police seat. I think it could be a good looking bike. True you can buy a softtail but if you have a RK and don't mind getting creative...

Old 01-04-2019, 09:19 AM
Mastiff107
Tourer
Received 347 Likes on 148 Posts

It’s like putting a bikini on my wife. There are already hundreds of models out there that are made for that look.She has too many parts that need to be supported and extra parts that you just can’t hide.Such an undertaking would require hundreds of modification hours by a master builder and when you’re finished you don’t have anything that anyone really wants to see.

Old 01-04-2019, 12:25 PM
RevBlk
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

Dude if your wife sees that post the next picture of you will be on a milk truck going down the highway advertising that you be missing

Old 01-04-2019, 12:53 PM
Ben221
Road Warrior
Received 241 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by longdave

This bagless '99 Road King is my daily ride
Filling the rear fender really helped. Can we get a clearer or well lighted pix? Don’t want to be tricked like dark lights in a bar At 2am.lol