Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring mufflers and se touring mufflers any difference ?

Old 04-30-2007, 09:49 PM
harleybob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touring mufflers and se touring mufflers any difference ?

I have se mufflers they are getting to loud for my ears. Ya I know turn the radio up. Anyways I would like a rumble at an idle and a mellow tone while cruising. Or a muffler in between the stock mufflers and the se mufflers. Thanks. Bob.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:17 PM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Touring mufflers and se touring mufflers any difference ?

Well I have a set of the S/E street performance mufflers that were put on my bike by the dealer when I picked it up new. They are supposed to give more power, i'm not sure about that, but they do sound a lil louder and do have a deeper sound than stock. They were still just too quiet for me so I removed the baffles and they sound perfect for me now, but they might be just what your looking for. They look really good 4" diameterand you can buy different end caps.They are not too loud and have a deep sound, and I can still hear the stereo.

John

Old 04-30-2007, 11:25 PM
mikehess43
Novice

I have S&S Big Ovals on my 07 FLHTCU and love the quietness of them....much quieter than my mates with SE and Vance and Hines. One mate has them on his 06 FLHTCU and is replacing them Supertrapps to get more noise....read the Hot Bike Baggers magazine issue one, march 07 for a test of some slip-on pipes on page 66 include noise levels....if you are still interested in the 06 S&S big ovals let me know...on the dyno they show great HP and torque, mine being 83hp and 92lbs....

Old 04-30-2007, 11:29 PM
Lpye
Road Captain

I have SE Touring Slip ons and they are only slightly louder than stock, but flow better. I do a lot of Touring and don't care for loud pipes. I rode with them for years, but I guess I have mellowed out.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:51 PM
wldbill
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with Lpye, forget the noise, go with the flow.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:04 AM
dstockton
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran the SE touring mufflers on my 05 EGlide and switched them to my current 06 Ultra. To my ears they are just aboutright. A little louder than stock at idle andrunning around but you can definately hear the difference when you get on it.The best of both worlds, I can hear my music and wife on the intercom at normal touring cruising mode and yet still get that Harley sound when accelerating. They compliment the Stage 1 ac and download nicely and the bike seems to run great with them. Theyobviously do flow better than the stuffy stock mufflers.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:17 AM
artcanride
2nd Gear

I have the touring mufflers from harley #65259-oo with the billet slash cut for sale. I had them on my 03 road king and loved them. they are the same mufflers the others are talking about I believe.I now have a 07 street glide and I love the stock pipes Took very good care of the touring mufflers and will sell for $150.00 plus shipping. Can email me at artcanride@yahoo.com

Old 05-01-2007, 12:38 AM
Rollon
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the SE on my Ultra, pretty loud when you get on it. My buddy couldn't stand it; so.... he installed the 2" Rush mufflers and likes them. They are quieter than mine. louder than stock, and did not require the ECM to be moded.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Wags1
Tourer

I had the SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers (64985-07) installed on my '07 RK when I bought it. They are too quite for me so I am having a set of Rinehart S/O's put on this Friday. The SE's have about 3K miles on them and look new, not a scratch on them.
I am interested in selling them.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the touring mufflers from harley #65259-oo with the billet slash cut for sale. I had them on my 03 road king and loved them. they are the same mufflers the others are talking about I believe
Nope...the 65259-00 slip ons are not what everyone is talking about here...they are not SEs. The SEs are louder, use different tips and are branded SE.
The 65259-00 have no SE logo. They are louder than stock, but not by much.

CN