Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 08:04 AM
SilverEagle50
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Another Satisfied Customer!!!

Recently I did some mods to my engine on my 2016 CVO RGU. I sent my heads to Fuel Moto for a little work and added their Jackpot 2-1 exhaust along with Woods T-777 cams. While I had the top of the engine apart, I installed the Rockout Rocker Inserts. While talking with FM and a few other builders, I discussed with them about adding this. I never got a negative suggestion, but none of them ever gave a thumbs up either. I decided to do it anyway.

Boy am I glad I did. This product does exactly what it said. That ticking noise drove me crazy. I am in tune with anything motorized that I use. I know when something isn't right, and although the ticking valve train noise from the HD is supposed to be "normal", I to didn't believe it had to be. This guy is a genius and I'm so glad he provides this product now. At the most, I have a soft humming sewing machine noise coming from below my gas tank.
This is so much better and I don't have this feeling that the valve train needs adjusting.

Again, Thanks for a great product. I will be telling everyone I know about it.

Mike Hutchings
Southeast Oklahoma

The following users liked this post:
ROCKOUT Rocker Products (03-21-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 07:42 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,629 Likes on 1,177 Posts

That's great to hear man, thank you.

And thanks for helping to spread the word about Rockouts

John

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below... For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sporsters

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 02-21-2017, 07:44 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,237 Likes on 1,813 Posts

I accidentally installed "Lockouts"...No Bueno

Old 02-25-2017, 08:27 PM
SkyMaster1
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

installed mine at 1500 miles before they started making noise, :thumbs:

ROCKOUT Rocker Products (02-25-2017)
Old 02-26-2017, 10:14 AM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 414 Likes on 297 Posts

21,000 miles since I installed them last year They worked like advertised .Now not so much as they moved around with shafts after 15,000 miles. At 21,000 not doing anything But for the price if your just a 12,000 miles per 5 year rider. U can't bitch about the cost . When u have rocker boxes off just easy to lock up shafts with Allen screws. Good product for the money. But not a perment fix or something I would ever do when u have motor apart. Good motor builders have been doing several different things to shafts and bolts to lock shafts up fir years . One of the secrets they don't let out. Lol

Last edited by Bumpandrun; 02-26-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:47 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bumpandrun
21,000 miles since I installed them last year They worked like advertised .Now not so much as they moved around with shafts after 15,000 miles. At 21,000 not doing anything But for the price if your just a 12,000 miles per 5 year rider. U can't bitch about the cost . When u have rocker boxes off just easy to lock up shafts with Allen screws. Good product for the money. But not a perment fix or something I would ever do when u have motor apart. Good motor builders have been doing several different things to shafts and bolts to lock shafts up fir years . One of the secrets they don't let out. Lol
That's certainly surprising to hear. With literally thousands and thousands of Rockouts installed over the years there has never been a single report of them loosening. With the shafts locked in place they can't move, and something that can't move can't wear. I have to wonder if something else is at work here?

For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below... For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sporsters

Old 03-03-2017, 08:28 PM
booch
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

It seems like everyone thinks these work.

Without reading through all 300+ posts, are there many who don't think they made any difference?

Its only a $15 part but I don't have the time to do this myself so I will have to pay to have it done, that changes the cost quite a bit.

If it really gets rid of the annoying noise its worth it at any price.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:38 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by booch
It seems like everyone thinks these work.

Without reading through all 300+ posts, are there many who don't think they made any difference?

Its only a $15 part but I don't have the time to do this myself so I will have to pay to have it done, that changes the cost quite a bit.

If it really gets rid of the annoying noise its worth it at any price.

The testimonials are all here, as well as other threads on the forums. There have been a couple of folks that saw no difference, their noise was coming from somewhere else. The vast majority of Rockout users are VERY happy, and telling their friends

Old 03-05-2017, 08:51 PM
fullautomike
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

I installed mine last fall, and I was happily surprised how well they worked. It is a great project for a rainy afternoon.

ROCKOUT Rocker Products (03-05-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 08:52 PM
rcornelius
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dforeid
I have a 2012 Ultra Limited, my buddy has a 2013. We each have about 30k miles now, but have been chasing the illusive top end tick since it arrived on both of our bikes at about 10K miles. We’ve done what many have tried… Comp Cam 850-1 lifters, SE tapered adjustable push rods set to 3 ½ turns, Redline 20/60 oil (actually the oil helped a bit) and still the annoying tick. Mine had two bad spots at 1,800 and 2,600 rpm. Has driven us nuts for 3 years. The ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts went in both our bikes today and they are now both quiet as a mouse!! No tick what so ever, and I’m running Woods 222 cams to boot. The 1,800 and 2,600 rpm rattle/tick is completely gone!!!!!! This is the best $15 I have spent - hands down. Thanks BikerScum, these are the ****.

Amazon.com : ROCKOUT rocker shaft inserts : Everything Else
I have a 2012 FLHTK with 45k miles on it. I also was experiencing the “drive me crazy” ticking/clicking on startup and around 1900-2400 rpms. Also had a lifter that was bleeding off too fast at shut down. So while I had the bike in the shop for the install of my new S&S lifters, I ordered what I thought was the fix for my “drive me crazy” tick. Found out through this forum that I had not ordered the product that I thought I had ordered. I contacted John at Rockout Rocker Products where I found out in fact I had not ordered his product. Excellent customer service from John, received my “Rockout Rocker “ items. With the installation of new S&S lifters and the Rockout product my bike runs like a fine tuned sewing machine. Not click-clack at start up, no noise at 1900-2400… Road today with a half helmet and all I hear is the pure of the motor just like a well-oiled sewing machine. Since I had both products, I checked the inserts visually and with a digital caliber. Rests assure the Rockout Rocker Products appear to be a better product than the other (not to mention the other name). The outer diameter is slightly different, thus the Rockout insert fits much better, and the material they are made of appears to be stronger. I ’m sold 110% on the Rockout Rocker inserts. Thanks John for a great product. www.rockout.biz email rock-out@att.net

Last edited by rcornelius; 03-20-2017 at 10:17 PM.
ROCKOUT Rocker Products (03-21-2017)

Quick Reply: Tick GONE!!! ROCKOUT Rocker Shaft Inserts!!!!!!