Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Wanted: radio alternative for Electra Glide Std. (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/10809-wanted-radio-alternative-for-electra-glide-std.html)

locnkey 09-23-2005 11:09 PM

Wanted: radio alternative for Electra Glide Std.

Anyone have a good idea for a source for a factory(way to Expensive) or aftermarket radio? 2005 Electra Glide Standard.

nmfxstc 09-24-2005 12:34 AM

RE: Wanted: radio alternative for Electra Glide Std.

I guess you could stick just about any 12V radio system in there...but, your handlebar switches are set up for the HD...why not just sprout for an '04 -'05 system and get the CD and CB with it? Makes a lotta sense, really.

Bear64 09-24-2005 12:44 AM

Motorcycles don't need radios, those belong in cars and trucks..Just learn to sing and shout out your glee that you are rideing and not driveing a car. what is this younger generation comeing to??[&o]

bcrecca 09-24-2005 01:09 AM

x.

mikeisglidn 09-24-2005 03:38 AM

bcrecca i did the exact same thing, works good, damn us tarheels must be cheeeeep!:)

screamn_eagle 09-24-2005 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Bear64

Motorcycles don't need radios, those belong in cars and trucks..Just learn to sing and shout out your glee that you are rideing and not driveing a car. what is this younger generation comeing to??[&o]
joe dont knock it til you try it. i never had a radio before this bike. now i would never have another bike with out it. eventhough i have the stock crap in the bike. i will upgrade one of these days:D

p.s. plus the fact I CANT SING...LOL

Bear64 09-24-2005 02:52 PM

Ah, I was just jokeing, I don't really see anything wrong with a radio, I just don't feel I need one, but to each his own..My brother has a radio. I sing and he listens to his radio, he claims the radio is self defence for my singing. :)

mikeisglidn 09-24-2005 05:39 PM

im with se, wouldnt leave home with out one now! or a cigarette lighter!!:)

V2 Bagger 09-24-2005 11:15 PM

ORIGINAL: locnkey

Anyone have a good idea for a source for a factory(way to Expensive) or aftermarket radio? 2005 Electra Glide Standard.
How much are you willing to spend on great sound and features?? For the cost of the factory head unit you coulg get a Sony 5710 and Retro Radio kit from Biketroniks,(around $400.00, add $100 for XM) Get a 4 speaker set from Hogtunes, and rear speaker pods from H-D or E-Glide goodies.

The Retro radio kit from biketroniks allows the use of your handlebar controlls, badass setup!

(I'm good at spending other peoples money!)[8D]

Grrinder 09-29-2005 10:53 PM

I ordered the Retro Radio kit that V2 Bagger mentioned from Biketronics Inc. It lets you put a Sony radio in and use the stock hand controls. They did an install of one in the Feb. issue of Hot BIke magazine. It comes with everything you need to mount the radio, wiring harness, mounting brackets, antenna. Has a harness that plugs right into harley's stock wiring harness. Thay also sell J&M speakers for $85.00. Nice thing about the sony is it plays MP3's so you can burn mp3's on a cd and have a long ride without a song repeat. It looks great, not to mention less than half of what harley wants.

Here's a pic of the radio install.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2091/FB4E9165072745E09BF6AEB66F47BC95.jpg[/IMG]