Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excel Spreadsheets for Maintenance Records

Old 11-15-2015, 09:53 AM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Excel Spreadsheets for Maintenance Records

Wondering if anyone has already made a printable spreadsheet with all the required maintenance intervals? I recently purchased a used 2014 Limited with the 5yr ESP that I was able to transfer over upon purchase. I do all my own work and would like to show the records of the work that was done with dates and receipts and any particulars to be able to satisfy the ESP police if needed. Figured before I go to town typing and formatting that someone may have already done this and would be willing to share it.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:55 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,744 Likes on 18,543 Posts
Old 11-15-2015, 10:03 AM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks Uncle Larry, that was exactly what I was looking for. Very much appreciated.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:10 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,744 Likes on 18,543 Posts

You're welcome :>)

Old 11-15-2015, 06:58 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,240 Likes on 808 Posts

Suggestion. A bound notebook, where pages cannot be added or removed, with hand written recordings, is much more legally defensible then a spreadsheet that can be changed easily and invisibly.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:55 PM
1957xler
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpiderPig
Thanks Uncle Larry, that was exactly what I was looking for. Very much appreciated.
Had wanted this too. Used bike. No ESP. Just me! 20K before plug changes? My 57' Ironhead never accomplishes that.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:11 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by 1957xler
Had wanted this too. Used bike. No ESP. Just me! 20K before plug changes? My 57' Ironhead never accomplishes that.
Things have changed just a bit over the last half century!

Old 11-16-2015, 08:23 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by 1957xler
================================

YUP,20k miles isnt an issue ,but thats as long as you keep air filter clean , do proper oil & filter maint along with also ensuring crankcase breather isnt introducing too much oil mist into the intake getting sucked into the motor gumming up comp chambers,plugs etc in the process .

When i bought my 09 hd w-stock 96" motor it had 9,700 miles on it w-original stock plugs.

Checked the plugs & they looked nice being light tan,so i cleaned them with an old school sparkplug cleaner ,filed center electrode a little to crisp up edges & even it up nice & flat,regaped,sprayed brakleen inside plug and outer threads too & then used compressed air ensure all blast material was removed from the plugs prior to reinstalling them with antsize on the threads & then re-installed them.

Sounds like a pia to do but really wasnt only taking approx 10 mins to do .

Since doing that I now have 8,400 additional miles on those plugs since cleaning & regaping with now 18,400 total miles on them and the bike still runs great avg 41.5-42mpg riding 2up in mixed riding.

I plan to change the plugs at 20k miles as rec along with the plug wires too because bike & plug wires will be approx 7yrs old by then and they are cheap & easy to replace so why not to ensure good ign esp if i get hit with heavy rain on a trip.

I am going with HD's dbl platinum plugs when i change the plugs because they last / go a lot more miles without experiencing any gap erosion / wear so wont have replace them as often,but i will still check the dbl plat plugs at least 1x yrly to ensure things are ok.

I know a lot of guys wouldn't bother doing that since std stock plugs dont cost much but since i have an old school plug cleaner & compressor and dont mind the 10mins it takes to tinker around cleaning the used plugs still in good cond,i figured why not!/LOL!!!

scott

Last edited by wscott; 11-16-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:55 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
Things have changed just a bit over the last half century!
======================

Things sure have changed over the yrs!

Lets see,maybe it has something to do with Electronic ign,EFI,better head,piston,cam design that have todays HD's running a lot cleaner ,more efficient along with also putting out considerably more power & trq too!/LOL!!

Problem these days for HD is inconsistent reliability & quality control along with doing things on the cheap out sourcing things like bearings etc that fail prematurely too.

Scott

Old 11-17-2015, 05:20 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

Thank you! I was just getting ready to search this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Excel Spreadsheets for Maintenance Records