Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"club" style touring bikes

Old 12-16-2015, 04:07 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 238 Likes on 140 Posts
Default "club" style touring bikes

I know that is an odd statement. But ever since I bought my 15 rg every once in a while I miss my quarter fairing sporting, t bar wearing, hot rod fat bob. I know some would say buy another dyna but I can only afford one bike in the garage at least at this juncture and the road glide is too nice a bike and suits most all my needs. I was just wondering if anyone on here ever modified their bikes in the similar style to those dynas. Or am I the lone nut case haha.

Old 12-16-2015, 04:33 PM
JoesFLHX
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Seen plenty of RG's with TBars, I know west coast t bars makes them direct for the RG. I think they look great. Here is a link to the Dyna club page that has a road glide on it.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...pic-s-139.html

Old 12-16-2015, 06:21 PM
buggy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have FXR division tbars on my road glide,love them.my bike felt like a whole new ride. I think west coast tbars is making some for the 15 and up model

Old 12-16-2015, 06:29 PM
buggy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine is the black denim

Attached Thumbnails "club" style touring bikes-image.jpeg   "club" style touring bikes-image.png  

Last edited by buggy; 12-16-2015 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:03 PM
roadrash3
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

I miss my dyna with Tbars i owned, i miss my springer with apes, and i miss the vrod. All bikes served different purposes over the last few decades, but like you i can only afford one (and thats tough). I finally worked enough overtime to pay for some upgrades like bars and forks. My road glide will never be a hot rod like my dyna was, but my dyna would never have tunes and storage and a happy wife and daughter like the glide does. Gotta figure out whats more important. Although putting some Tbars on the glide might be enough. My handle bars changed the feel of the bike dramatically (should of done it years sooner)

Old 12-16-2015, 10:22 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 238 Likes on 140 Posts

Buggy your bike looks good. I hope they r working on some for the 15. Didn't think it'd be possible without a lot of modification with the way the new gauge assembly is on the 15s.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:29 PM
ULTRA ZOOM
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Don't ruin your long distance touring bike.Just save up some money and buy an older bike to play racer on, it will cost about the same.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:42 PM
noodle
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I converted my street glide into a Road Glide just for this reason. Upgrade all the suspension, Big bored the engine and aded T-Bars. I still have a back rest for my C&C seat and I can roll on the freeway all day, I can ride the twisty foothills up near me and split lanes also. I not only love the functionality of it I absolutely love the look. Now its not for everyone but o well.

Attached Thumbnails "club" style touring bikes-img_8454.jpg   "club" style touring bikes-image.jpg   "club" style touring bikes-img_8181.jpg  
Old 12-16-2015, 10:45 PM
grapeapes
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

One of the other clubs on SOA had a club style RG with TBars.

I found this guy on youtube that looks like the one from SOA.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:28 PM
SpaceReapersNOLA
Road Captain
Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

if you are interested in club style road glides check out my instagram page @streetstylebaggers , tons of cool pics of bad *** touring bikes.

Where you at in Louisiana?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "club" style touring bikes