Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My bike is beeping at me!!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 04:46 AM
dm.logan
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My bike is beeping at me!!! HELP

Hey guys,

Patient is a 2014 ultra limited. Stuck in Japan still so dealer is not an option. Battery died some time ago may I think. I finally got a battery here. Hooked her up and started her. Took a second but she turned over and started right up. Now the bike is beeping!! Three beeps pause for 5 seconds three beeps. They are coming out of the bikes speakers. I turned off the radio and the beeps kept coming. No warning lights, no error messages. It still does it with the switch turned to acc. Took it for a ride to knock the cobwebs off and it beeped the whole time. It seems to start beeping after the Harley splash screen on the boom system. Anyone have any ideas can't find any specifics on this anywhere!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 01-21-2016, 06:12 AM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

Is the radio SW up to date? Possibly with dead battery so long, radio looses config and needs to be reloaded????? Just tossing out ideas

Old 01-21-2016, 06:27 AM
dm.logan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by us1fountain
Is the radio SW up to date? Possibly with dead battery so long, radio looses config and needs to be reloaded????? Just tossing out ideas
I suppose it's possible. Guess I'll get ask Doctor Google. Unless someone could tell me how to reconfigure it. So it like "unpaired" from the bike and is now rogue? I mean I paired my phone and could play music through Bluetooth. Beep right along with the music. Almost sounded like the volume Dident change , the beeps that is.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:02 AM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,284 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Could it be the Beep in feedback settings?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...Boom_OM_EN.pdf

If not, back when they first came out and the Boombox would lock up removing the main fuse would help reset it. Don't have a clue what is causing your beeps but worth a try
Harley Tech. Line 1-800-258-2464

This was from another Forum:
http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com...-problems.html

Last edited by Vernal; 01-21-2016 at 07:10 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:02 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

If you don't have your owners manual with you, you can download one on the H-D website, just go to the Owners tab. I suspect you've annoyed the alarm system gremlins.....

Old 01-21-2016, 08:42 AM
dm.logan
Intermediate

Figured it out!! Thanks to outer banks HD service dept!!! Sadly my radio did I fact go rogue! For some reason or another the ECM forgot about my radio. Now it beeps to tell on me for riding dirty..... Tools me through a bunch of codes and stuff on the radio. Tried to reset it. No dice looks like I have to drag my *** to my closest stealership (while enduring that annoying *** beep and they have to plug my bike into tech me rerecognize me boom system

Old 01-21-2016, 09:53 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by dm.logan
Figured it out!! Thanks to outer banks HD service dept!!! Sadly my radio did I fact go rogue! For some reason or another the ECM forgot about my radio. Now it beeps to tell on me for riding dirty..... Tools me through a bunch of codes and stuff on the radio. Tried to reset it. No dice looks like I have to drag my *** to my closest stealership (while enduring that annoying *** beep and they have to plug my bike into tech me rerecognize me boom system

That's it because I have changed radios before. The upsetting part will be if they want to charge you for it.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:39 AM
dm.logan
Intermediate
Default New development!

So I Dident get a chance to get it to Harley. Turned it on and it beeped 3 times and stopped! Now the preset number have double numbers. I.e. Big 5 little five. All menu functionality works but it's stuck on mute and here's the kicker.... When u turn the bike off..... The radio stays on! Like for ever..... So pull the battery and hook it back up. It does the same thing. Crap what now?!

Old 01-25-2016, 07:57 AM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,284 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Did you try pulling the radio fuse?

Old 01-25-2016, 08:00 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 69,950 Likes on 21,313 Posts

Change out the radio?

Quick Reply: My bike is beeping at me!!! HELP