Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rekluse auto clutch for Harley....

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 11:11 AM
bzb123
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
I think Baker has an auto trans in the pipeline. Might be worth contacting them.

Stopped by their tent while I was at Sturgis last year.

They had a bike there with an auto trans, however.......

There is a separate trans cooler on the front and one of the saddlebags was used up for a trans fluid container

No thanks.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:14 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

That was a prototype, who knows how it will end up when and if it goes into production?! I knew they were working on one.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:58 PM
Slice of Life
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this clutch installed on my bike back in November when I was at the lone star rally. I saw the demo and was in all about the product. Best 900 bucks I spent hands down on the bike. I bought it because there has be a few times when me and the wife are in the hill country and we are fully loaded with are gear for the weekend and I need a forth leg. Peace of mind is priceless in my book

If anyone have any questions feel free to ask

Old 03-19-2016, 06:18 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,481 Likes on 1,540 Posts

i've been looking at these lately and it looks good, sure would make riding my trike easier. i know efm makes one also, but some reveiws are no so good. i wondered about the wear on the clutch plates and how long they will last.

Old 03-19-2016, 06:20 PM
Greatsteaks
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
i've been looking at these lately and it looks good, sure would make riding my trike easier. i know efm makes one also, but some reveiws are no so good. i wondered about the wear on the clutch plates and how long they will last.
There are more friction disks and plates then stock. Suppose to last as long or longer then stock. Mine has been rock solid.

Old 03-19-2016, 06:57 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

I had a battery put in my bike at Daytona and they were also a Rekluse dealer. Looked like a pretty nice piece of gear for anyone who clutches a lot or has any wrist issues. Regardless of price I'd jump on it in a hot second if I felt I could benefit from it. Dirt bike guys have been using this type of clutch for years I'm told.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:05 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member

do you have to keep the rpm's up high to keep it locked up ? can you make low rpm shifts without any slipping. another thing i was thunking about, the new injected bikes idle higher and was wondering if that would be pulling on the clutch pack. you know kinda tugging at the bike while stopped.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:16 PM
Greatsteaks
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
do you have to keep the rpm's up high to keep it locked up ? can you make low rpm shifts without any slipping. another thing i was thunking about, the new injected bikes idle higher and was wondering if that would be pulling on the clutch pack. you know kinda tugging at the bike while stopped.
Nope, unless you shift under 1200 rpm, lol. No slip ever. Come to a stop from 4th gear without pulling in the clutch at all, as soon as it gets down to about 11-1200rpm it free spins, down shift into 1st or second and roll the throttle as usual and you start moving forward, I doubt anyone can pull away from a stop light as smooth and quick(not hot rodding quick) as I(or anyone with a Rekluse auto clutch) can. I have no dog in the fight. Not associated with Rekluse in any way. I paid the same for mine as everyone else. I just think it's such a great product. I pull a 400lb camper trailer, my wife, a loaded ultra's saddle bags, loaded tour pack and a tour pack bag on top, thousands of miles last year, no problems.
Rekluse auto clutch for Harley....-photo147.jpg
Rekluse auto clutch for Harley....-photo702.jpg

Last edited by Greatsteaks; 03-20-2016 at 10:29 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Greatsteaks:
Boomer1143 (05-03-2016), hardheaded (03-20-2016), rgk (08-12-2017)
Old 03-20-2016, 10:27 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member

THANKS ! just what i was wanting to here.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:54 AM
MilkMan608
Advanced
Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Can anyone describe how Rekluse clutch affects slow speed parking lot maneuvers? Seems like it would help by eliminating one variable (friction zone management with the clutch hand) to allow the rider to focus on rear brake and throttle control while scraping the floorboards like motor patrol officers can.

Quick Reply: Rekluse auto clutch for Harley....