Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rekluse auto clutch for Harley....

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 11:07 AM
Greatsteaks
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by MilkMan608
Can anyone describe how Rekluse clutch affects slow speed parking lot maneuvers? Seems like it would help by eliminating one variable (friction zone management with the clutch hand) to allow the rider to focus on rear brake and throttle control while scraping the floorboards like motor patrol officers can.
Yup, it does just that. It automatically goes into the friction zone. If you already know how to make a u turn the PROPER way(in the friction zone) with your hand clutch it's the same without using your hand. Makes making right hand u turns or tight floor board scraping circles much easier. For those who don't know what we are talking about and have to go around the block rather then make a tight u turn, go watch some "ride like a pro" videos, swallow your pride and spend the coin on a class. I have been riding for 30 years then took the class when I got my ultra last year and actually learned how to ride a motorcycle. I can now do an 18' u turn with my wife on the back, pulling the above trailer. 18' sounds like a lot of room, go to a Walmart parking lot and make a u turn with in two parking spots and you will see what I mean.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:56 PM
MilkMan608
Advanced
Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks,
I'm not as coordinated as I'd like to be and it seems like this might be just the ticket.

Old 03-30-2016, 10:20 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,482 Likes on 1,541 Posts

can't find any information on the rekluse clutch for a bike with HD's new slip and assist clutch. my 15 trike has it and there is no mention of it on the rekluse site. do they make one for this clutch ?

Old 03-30-2016, 10:24 AM
Greatsteaks
Road Master

Originally Posted by hardheaded
can't find any information on the rekluse clutch for a bike with HD's new slip and assist clutch. my 15 trike has it and there is no mention of it on the rekluse site. do they make one for this clutch ?
Call them, it's the same as the ultra "low" models. I had to replace my clutch basket but I'm pretty sure they have a kit for that clutch basket now.

Last edited by Greatsteaks; 03-30-2016 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-24-2016, 04:38 PM
shoalsgary
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's listed now.

Old 04-24-2016, 04:44 PM
Greatsteaks
Road Master

Originally Posted by shoalsgary
It's listed now.
Yup, they told me they were working on one last year but I couldn't wait. I have a brand new slip and assist complete clutch and basked sitting in a cabinet marked "take offs"

Old 04-24-2016, 05:24 PM
pie plate
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Nothing against autoclutch, but it seems to me that In some cases a rocker clutch would probably suit better - and they're cheaper - and cool...

rocker scheduled for my fx... my left wrist... pretty useless.

Old 04-24-2016, 05:58 PM
AlCherry
Road Warrior
Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by dart451
Any of you guys out there have the Rekluse auto clutch on your bike? If so, do you know of anywhere you might be able to get the kit cheaper than directly at Rekluse? Kinda pricey!
So what you want to do is get a Chinese knock off of something you like, but you don't want to pay the guy who spend the money to R&D it and mass produce it for the public. Right. Bet you run Chin Shin tires, too.
Check with DK, he may have a copy.

Last edited by AlCherry; 04-24-2016 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:42 PM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts

Calm down. He didn't say anything like that. He just wants to know the best place to buy it.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:58 AM
clc3251
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Very interested to hear how this performs during slow speed maneuvers such as a police cone course. It sounds like it would eliminate clutch use for those maneuvers and save wear and tear on clutches due to over-revving when in the "friction zone". Any motor Officers out there try this clutch?

Quick Reply: Rekluse auto clutch for Harley....