Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rekluse auto clutch for Harley....

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 03:49 PM
Greatsteaks
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Double post.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:56 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

I asked about these things last year when my left hand became partially paralyzed from a damaged ulnar nerve. Luckily it is working well enough after surgery to ride normally. No one ever mentioned in that post that the Recluse still requires the use of a clutch lever.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:13 PM
shankldu
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CalgaryBikeBum
I have a an EFM automatic clutch for sale. Complete with basket and plates. I bought it for my wife's 2012 trike so she could learn riding without the hassle of learning the clutch too. It worked fine but she eventually wanted to learn the proper clutch techniques in case we travel somewhere in winter and rent a trike for her. It worked just fine and you can sit and hold the brake with clutch out and it works great. As you accelerate away the clutch moves out from bar and bike smoothly pulls away. Because I am selling from Canada and our dollar is in the tank you will save even more. If you are interested private msg me.
Reluse clutch. Interested do you still have it will it fit an 03 Softail standard .

Old 09-29-2017, 12:24 AM
DAVENRINO
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

The HD dealer I bought my bike from is also a Rekluse dealer so ordered it the day I rode it home and installed the next week. I have arthritis in my fingers and my hand used to cramp badly in stop/go traffic. Not anymore and I love it after 15 months of easy traffic riding.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:30 PM
Boomer1143
Road Master
Received 174 Likes on 133 Posts

I have 5k on my Rekluse clutch and couldn't be happier with the way it performs. I installed my own and two additional for friends. The set up is fairly easy you just have to take your time. The clutches are pricey but worth it in my opinion. Arthritic hands made this clutch a necessity. Stop and go traffic and sitting at lights are no problem. No one will be able to get a quicker take off than when using this clutch. Just roll the throttle on and your on your way. I forgot to mention Rekluse is made right here in my home town (Boise, Idaho). I picked mine up from the factory and even got a tour of the facility. Great customer service.

Last edited by Boomer1143; 09-29-2017 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:27 PM
Smith212
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple topics no one has touched on..

how stiff is the lever during normal riding? The rekluse auto clutches for mx bikes has a feather light one finger feel. And also curious on engine braking? Does the clutch disengage when you let off the throttle or does it brake until below 1000 rpms? Thanks

Old 02-13-2018, 03:54 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 482 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by Smith212
how stiff is the lever during normal riding? The rekluse auto clutches for mx bikes has a feather light one finger feel. And also curious on engine braking? Does the clutch disengage when you let off the throttle or does it brake until below 1000 rpms? Thanks
I have them on two different dirt bikes, they do not make the clutch pull any lighter, generally a bit harder, the very first one some 10 years ago did, they were also not very good lol, and yes they will engine brake down to almost idle, and at least on my dirt bike you can adjust that point with springs and different weight wedges, to get the exact engagement point that you prefer.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:57 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Smith212
No problem engine braking. My bike idles at 1000 rpm and the clutch starts engaging @ 1050 rpm. I have bout 7k on mine so far and my left hand and wrist loves it. It is mainly for stops though as I shift normally after launch. My pain comes from holding the clutch in or long periods in the friction zone, but brief pulls for shifting don't bother me much. Clutch lever effort is bout the same as stock. As Mikes300 stated, it comes with different springs to adjust engagement point.

Last edited by DAVENRINO; 02-13-2018 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:04 PM
No Tyme
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Slice of Life
I had this clutch installed on my bike back in November when I was at the lone star rally. I saw the demo and was in all about the product. Best 900 bucks I spent hands down on the bike. I bought it because there has be a few times when me and the wife are in the hill country and we are fully loaded with are gear for the weekend and I need a forth leg. Peace of mind is priceless in my book

If anyone have any questions feel free to ask

Hey, Slice of Life, I read your review of the Rekluse and want to ask you... Does it reduce the clutch pull a lot of just a bit. I have nerve damage in my left hand and only 22 lbs of strength and can barely pull the clutch lever. 3 years without a bike is driving me crazy...
No Tyme
Rob

Old 03-15-2019, 01:06 PM
Blit45
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this post is old, but is this clutch still for sale?

Quick Reply: Rekluse auto clutch for Harley....