Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone mix and match Trucklite and Daymaker/JW Speaker LED lights???

Old 03-14-2016, 08:56 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Anyone mix and match Trucklite and Daymaker/JW Speaker LED lights???

Just curious if anyone has tried the JW Speaker/Daymaker LED headlight with the Trucklite or Daymaker reflector LED passing lamps. Wondering how it looks in general and how close the light temperature of both of them is. If you have gone this route pics would be appreciated. I have run Trucklite headlight and passing lamps on several bikes. Was looking to try something different.

Old 03-14-2016, 12:28 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Are you seeking better lighting or a specific look?? Might look cool with the different lights, ?
When it comes to lighting for me I cannot see what they look like when riding , omnly what they do!!

For over a year I ran the Trucklite headlight and reflector H-3s in the passing lamps and the look was not bothersome but then again I use a bright yellow film on all my passing lamps !

Old 03-14-2016, 02:39 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

I've got a Vision X Vortex LED headlight w/HALO ring. I run it with a set of SoCalMotoGear Pathfinder passing lamps. I covered the lenses with an amber cover from Cee Bailey's. The covers are amber when off but turn yellow when on, they attach with velcro which can be removed in seconds for cleaning. This set up is so bright people adjust their rear view mirrors in the day with headlight on low beam.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone mix and match Trucklite and Daymaker/JW Speaker LED lights???-20160229_162327.jpg  
Old 03-15-2016, 08:49 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by bigheadted
Are you seeking better lighting or a specific look?? Might look cool with the different lights, ?
When it comes to lighting for me I cannot see what they look like when riding , omnly what they do!!

For over a year I ran the Trucklite headlight and reflector H-3s in the passing lamps and the look was not bothersome but then again I use a bright yellow film on all my passing lamps !

I'm not going for a specific look. I'm more function over form. But I also like symmetry. I want things to look good together in the end. I'm just curious how the two different types of light will look. And that the light output temp is close. I have experience with the Trucklite lights and have seen the JW Speaker/Daymakers light output. So either will work in the function department. I found a killer deal on the new JW Speaker Evolution II but still don't know if I want to spend the $$$ on their passing lamps if I can get away with using the Trucklite passing lamps and be happy with the end result.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:28 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

I put a TruckLite Phase 6 on my sons Heritage and matched them with Daymaker clones from Amazon. I think it look pretty good. Light output is awesome.

The following users liked this post:
Garemlin (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 09:43 AM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
I'm not going for a specific look. I'm more function over form. But I also like symmetry. I want things to look good together in the end. I'm just curious how the two different types of light will look. And that the light output temp is close. I have experience with the Trucklite lights and have seen the JW Speaker/Daymakers light output. So either will work in the function department. I found a killer deal on the new JW Speaker Evolution II but still don't know if I want to spend the $$$ on their passing lamps if I can get away with using the Trucklite passing lamps and be happy with the end result.

If you found a killer deal get em !!

Old 03-15-2016, 09:44 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Could someone with some photoshop skills put the daymaker headlight in place of the Trucklite. No that isn't my bike. LOL

Attached Thumbnails Anyone mix and match Trucklite and Daymaker/JW Speaker LED lights???-561-309_a.jpg   Anyone mix and match Trucklite and Daymaker/JW Speaker LED lights???-images.ashx.jpg  
Old 03-16-2016, 07:08 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SBates08
I put a TruckLite Phase 6 on my sons Heritage and matched them with Daymaker clones from Amazon. I think it look pretty good. Light output is awesome.
How is the quality of the knockoff passing lamps? I'm considering that route too. And who was the maker of them. I've seen a few different ones.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:46 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
How is the quality of the knockoff passing lamps? I'm considering that route too. And who was the maker of them. I've seen a few different ones.
Let me get off the road and I'll send you a PM.