Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CFR’s with Dresser Duals should not have taken me 2 years to consider

Old 03-20-2016, 01:39 AM
TUNE316
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CFR’s with Dresser Duals should not have taken me 2 years to consider

What in the world was I thinking. I was so amped up on sound, wheels, bars and other crap… I really didn’t think sound was a big deal with me being new to Harley. I did have the Klock Werks Slip On’s with the stock headers….and I had just a “CUTE” sound lol. It was “CUTE” and they did not hear me coming. Well... they did hear my Focals…that’s for sure lol… but I had no bark…no grawl.

Well I pulled the trigger… and I finally got the true Harley sound. The sound is insane and words can’t describe my first ride after the install. All I can say is…the rumble, the sound, the look, the chrome, the vibration and with all the head turning and finger pointing these pipes get… well with the $$$$. I woke this damn bike up yesterday lol.

NOTE: DMV folks.... Harley Fort Washington and Old Glory keeps a few in stock too. They each had several... double fluted tips only.

Last edited by TUNE316; 03-20-2016 at 01:46 AM.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:08 AM
oakmossy
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

yeah boi!

Old 03-20-2016, 08:48 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

So you finally stopped being cute and grew a pair lol.. 2 years ago cfrs were all people talked about.. Still one for the best sounding exhausts out there

Old 03-20-2016, 08:49 AM
hemi1300
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

If u don't mind me asking, how much did the cfr's cost u? How does it run as far as tune? Was almost ready to purchase a set of cfr's a while ago but after I read they are hard to get a good tune bc of the open baffle design I decided to stay with my jackpot's and comp baffles

Old 03-20-2016, 09:06 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

I think it's a general consensus that they arnt the easiest to tune. Some people are just looking for that sound tho. I know a few guys who would run 4 inch long pipes because they r loud despite the performance issues

Old 03-20-2016, 09:11 AM
TUNE316
Intermediate

Originally Posted by oakmossy
yeah boi!
Yes sir....

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
So you finally stopped being cute and grew a pair lol.. 2 years ago cfrs were all people talked about.. Still one for the best sounding exhausts out there
Lol yes...I finally grew a great big pair. No more "lawn mower sound"...

Originally Posted by hemi1300
If u don't mind me asking, how much did the cfr's cost u? How does it run as far as tune? Was almost ready to purchase a set of cfr's a while ago but after I read they are hard to get a good tune bc of the open baffle design I decided to stay with my jackpot's and comp baffles

Cost me 700.... Fuel Pak 3 tuned and it felt pretty normal to me...I did notice some added power. I only ran it about 30 miles. They are easy to get in DMV area.

Last edited by TUNE316; 03-20-2016 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:22 AM
Dewiz_45
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good choice and selection. I too have V&H Dresser Duals on my 16' Street Glide but I still have the stock mufflers cause I'm still waiting on my CFR's to show up. Have another 6-8 weeks to wait.....ugh.

The dealership I bought my bike through has never heard the CFR's so they're gonna have an eye opening experience when they install my CFR's and hear it rumble haha.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:45 AM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have had the cfrs since 2008. Transferred them over when I got the new bike. Have 2015 sgs with dresserduals and cfrs. No regrets

Old 03-20-2016, 11:54 AM
TUNE316
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dewiz_45
Good choice and selection. I too have V&H Dresser Duals on my 16' Street Glide but I still have the stock mufflers cause I'm still waiting on my CFR's to show up. Have another 6-8 weeks to wait.....ugh.

The dealership I bought my bike through has never heard the CFR's so they're gonna have an eye opening experience when they install my CFR's and hear it rumble haha.
Yeah well they're going to be shocked...

Originally Posted by rick
Have had the cfrs since 2008. Transferred them over when I got the new bike. Have 2015 sgs with dresserduals and cfrs. No regrets
Cool! It's raining here...and damn I can't wait to go back out lol

Old 03-20-2016, 04:41 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Hope they finally got their chroming issues fixed at CFR. Ran megaphone type mufflers for a while and ended up with Von Braun's. No comparison.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CFR’s with Dresser Duals should not have taken me 2 years to consider