Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another LRS review

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 06:31 AM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

I've had 2 so far and love em.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:38 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

I'm amazed at how much nicer this thing has made riding this bike. Haven't had a shield for a very long time and just been happy with the wind....still am on my FXR and Dyna, but on the king it's upright enough without a shield at 75+ that I turn into a sailboat and I'm the sail. Not great for long hauling. The stock shield cut the wind pretty good, but lots of noise and some annoying turbulence since im mostly used to straight on wind pressure, not to mention a wall of plastic in front of me. LRS fixed all of that. Less can truly be more in this case. Now I just hear my pipes mostly and it's smooth riding with an unobstructed view.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:03 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 6,628 Likes on 3,212 Posts

Originally Posted by Thingfish
I'm amazed at how much nicer this thing has made riding this bike. Haven't had a shield for a very long time and just been happy with the wind....still am on my FXR and Dyna, but on the king it's upright enough without a shield at 75+ that I turn into a sailboat and I'm the sail. Not great for long hauling. The stock shield cut the wind pretty good, but lots of noise and some annoying turbulence since im mostly used to straight on wind pressure, not to mention a wall of plastic in front of me. LRS fixed all of that. Less can truly be more in this case. Now I just hear my pipes mostly and it's smooth riding with an unobstructed view.

And soon, the pipes you're hearing will sound even sweeter!

(cross-thread credit)

I have the 18" Road King Elite shield and couldn't believe the difference the recurve makes. Totally pleased with all aspects of LRS.

Last edited by Dynamick; 06-14-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:23 PM
crazytown
Road Master

Received 548 Likes on 319 Posts

I have the 18" Road King Elite with light tint, and love it! HUGE improvement over stock for me (6' with 32" inseam). I will be ordering a 20" later this year, and like OP mentioned, I'm getting new mounting hardware just for that, then I can switch out easily between the 2.

LRS has my shield business.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:15 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Haha! Yes Dynamick! Very soon I hope!

Crazytown - yeah I'll be interested to find out the hardware cost.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:53 PM
Blowby
Road Captain
Received 167 Likes on 70 Posts

I think I have 6 LRS's now and use them all. One for each type of riding, starting with the tallest and moving down:
  • Wife on the back (tall to keep her happy and not have her helmet moving around).
  • Long trips (bug and wind protection).
  • Short trips (good wind deflection over helmet).
  • Rain (just a tad lower so I can look over (and not have to look through my glasses, face shield, LRS all covered in rain/mist).
  • City (view over to see all the hustle and bustle).
  • Shorty (just for fun).

Last edited by Blowby; 06-15-2016 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:04 PM
mskirwin
Club Member
Received 1,449 Likes on 1,085 Posts

I got my 10" flat top today. Just installed it will see how it is in the morning.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:38 AM
FXDFan
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ordered a 12" Mako for my RG on the Memorial Day sale. Just got it in yesterday. Installs nicely, looks good on the bike, but it poured rain all day yesterday, so no chance to ride it !
Today is looking much better, bit of luck it will stay sunny until lunch time, so i can sneak out for a test run.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:32 PM
fretone1
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to chime in on great shield! Just put my Ultra Elite 8" on after running the Harley 7" Windsplitter. Difference night and day! The LRS just flat works. For my size(5'10") I was concerned that the 8" was going to be too tall but it sits right below my eyesight, with a slight crouch, by about a head duck.

I run between Sacramento and Benecia on my commute and if anyone is familiar with the wind on the I680 corridor, I can attest to this shield plants the bike better than the other shields (stock and Windsplitter), and allows me to keep my helmet shield fully open if I like, as to where the other 2, I could not.

Money well spent!

Old 07-24-2016, 09:10 PM
rockymtman
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought a LRS Ultra Elite 7" for my '14 SG. It is about an inch taller than the Harley 6.5" one. It has the slight curve at the top and I wasn't expecting much in the way of protection. Much to my surprise this shield is great. It really has formed a great pocket of relatively still air around my head. So much better than the Harley shield. I've been on backstreets and freeways and the protection is superb. I am so pleasantly surprised. I could have actually done the 8" one. Just might order another one down the road. The best part is that I found this on sale on their site for $54! Great product!