Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beyond pissed about my ohlins!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 01:34 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,235 Likes on 1,811 Posts

Originally Posted by Ex-Leftcoaster
...just give Ohlins USA a call and talk to any of the techs...
Got any Names?

Not about this subject in particular...but I've only talked to Ohlins 2 or 3 times with the Same Guy...Not impressed...He/They were more "Sales" than Tech

Couldn't answer the question(s) and didn't know how to get the answer...I only called and asked because I didn't have the parts to measure myself

Old 05-22-2018, 01:58 PM
Ex-Leftcoaster
Banned
Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

It's been quite a while when my GF and I visited the facility, but we met David Behrend. He was their Off Road MC tech and former racing tech at the time. Not sure if he's still there, but I'm sure Howard can verify that as well.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:20 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by CSS899
My adjuster rings became almost impossible to adjust even tho the threads on my Ohlins looked clean. I backed the adjuster rings off, cleaned and lubricated with Prolink, (chain lubricant) used on high performance road bikes. It bonds to metal surfaces, dries clean, does not build up or become tacky, and sheds dirt. My adjuster rings are smooth as butter now.
that’s an excellent solution to the problem. Thanks for sharing

Old 05-22-2018, 02:52 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 440 Likes on 246 Posts
Default Get this straight

Originally Posted by lyork
Lets make this real easy...YOU GO HAVE THE TEST PERFORMED AND POST RESULTS HERE. After all, I’m not the one profiting off of these shocks.

Lets make it even easier, show up at the lab, put down your money & I put down mine. Who actually knows what they are talking about walks away with the winnings. Of course we both sign the contract making this legal in the state of Florida. Than we move onto more of your erroneous posts, one at a time. If a $G is not enough we can make it any amount you can cover in cash. The bet is for all of those wanting to know: lyork claims that the Ohlins shock bodies are not hard anodized & I absolutely say they are. Let see who knows what they are talking about and who does not have one clue. I do not want to keep on repeating myself, show up with money and quit wasting my time.

Last edited by FastHarley; 05-22-2018 at 02:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
hbsoldier3 (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 02:56 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHarley
Lets make it even easier, show up at the lab, put down your money & I put down mine. Who actually knows what they are talking about walks away with the winnings. Of course we both sign the contract making this legal in the state of Florida. Than we move onto more of your erroneous posts, one at a time. If a $G is not enough we can make it any amount you can cover in cash. The bet is for all of those wanting to know: lyork claims that the Ohlins shock bodies are not hard anodized & I absolutely say they are. Let see who knows what they are talking about and who does not have one clue. I do not want to keep on repeating myself, show up with money and quit wasting my time.
Absolutely the way it should be done.

hbsoldier3 (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 04:13 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHarley
I’m not retired and work in a windowless shop behind my house (as you do) You are more than welcome to come to the Midwest, I think that’s more than reasonable as you make the big bucks hawking these shocks.

Call Ohlins...don’t rely on what I say.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:34 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by lyork

I’m not retired and work in a windowless shop behind my house (as you do) You are more than welcome to come to the Midwest, I think that’s more than reasonable as you make the big bucks hawking these shocks.

Call Ohlins...don’t rely on what I say.

Few of us would rely on what you say.
Who the hell are you?
Many of use have known / dealt with Howard for years. I once had a question and called Howard on a Sunday morning. I started by apologizing for bothering him on a Sunday. Howard asked me if he had not told me to "call him anytime"? When I answered yes, he simply asked " so what do you need"? Other than his crusty attitude I have never seen a single verified complaint about Howard. Just like in this thread we have seen him go out of his way repeatedly to help folks just because he is nice guy.
What have we seen you do?
Tell us about your extensive motorcycle suspension experience or how you have a degree in metallurgy.
You actually sound like my wife quoting webmd.com.

hbsoldier3 (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 06:23 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

lyork and his type are what ruin forums. So many loud mouth tough guys on forums trying to make up for their boring lives in the real world.

hbsoldier3 (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 07:50 PM
LazySundays
Road Captain
Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts

My personal recommendation to Howard is to stop responding to this thread.

You'll never convince some people and those of us who have dealt with you, Howard, know the quality of the products and service we receive from you. Those who want to listen will, those who don't aren't worth another second of your time.

Those who take the time to read the whole thread will see that once again you went above and beyond.

The following 2 users liked this post by LazySundays:
hbsoldier3 (05-22-2018), PFWiz (05-23-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 03:54 PM
SoCalHDMC
Road Captain
Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by CSS899
My adjuster rings became almost impossible to adjust even tho the threads on my Ohlins looked clean. I backed the adjuster rings off, cleaned and lubricated with Prolink, (chain lubricant) used on high performance road bikes. It bonds to metal surfaces, dries clean, does not build up or become tacky, and sheds dirt. My adjuster rings are smooth as butter now.
If this is the original formula Prolink Stuff, I have used it for years on chain driven motorcycles and machinery. Fantastic product. FWIW, I am fairly **** when it comes to keeping my equipment clean, including threaded shock bodies, regardless of application. I also adjust the preload each time I ride two up, and back it off at the end of each trip for my solo jaunts. No issues.

Quick Reply: Beyond pissed about my ohlins!