Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Screamin' Eagle High Flow Exhaust System (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1137200-screamin-eagle-high-flow-exhaust-system.html)

dixonk 09-16-2016 12:51 PM

Screamin' Eagle High Flow Exhaust System

There isn't much info out there for the new system HD has put out. I bit the bullet and purchased a system to replace my FM setup after hearing the SE system at my dealership. The sound is about as loud as stock but very deep rumble. No tinny sound as is found on the stock system. The pipes are larger than stock and also larger than the FM pipes they replaced. Mufflers are 4" with the cats in the muffler to take the heat away from the passenger and rider. The system also includes a new crossover pipe which is the same diameter as the headpipes and comes with a new fixed mount instead of using the folding bracket. I bought the SE system for 1100 bucks from Boardtracker including the short slash up tips. Overall I am very happy with the purchase and the sound of the system and recommend this to anyone looking to eliminate the heat from the stock headpipes while getting a deeper exhaust note and staying street legal as well if that is important where you live.

Video: https://youtu.be/1sZ5K0GT-gE

Pics included in next post.

dixonk 09-16-2016 12:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 485140Attachment 485141Attachment 485142

J_Bob 09-16-2016 01:27 PM

What size motor are you running? Any mods? Did you have to buy a tuner or did they do a download off the digital technician?
Thx!

dixonk 09-16-2016 01:37 PM

Im running a 103. No other mods other than a Power Vision tuner from FM. The exhaust says that ECM recalibration is required for install. Called my dealer about that and it can be done via either Stage 1 download or using the SE tuner. Currently I am running the tune off the Power Vision for my FM setup. Runs great.

Thingfish 09-16-2016 05:11 PM

Thanks for the review. Looking at these too...I really like my Bassani DNT slip ons...sound and perf are perfect...but the heat is an issue. Don't want to gut the cat on my touring bike....may have to jump over to the SE.

ATM983 09-16-2016 05:52 PM

Dixonk,

Thanks for the post. I was actually just looking at these. Can you post up a video of the sound if you get a chance?

Thanks

dixonk 09-16-2016 06:26 PM

Sure thing. Will try and get a video recorded later on today.

Airborne350G 09-17-2016 04:40 PM

I was interested in those also but the parts book says they do not fit CVO models.

dixonk 09-17-2016 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Airborne350G
I was interested in those also but the parts book says they do not fit CVO models.

Can't see why it wouldn't.

J_Bob 09-18-2016 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Airborne350G (Post 15520748)

I'm guessing they want you to have the Nightsticks with the endcap to stay within EPA standards on the 110ci.

dixonk 09-18-2016 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by J_Bob
I'm guessing they want you to have the Nightsticks with the endcap to stay within EPA standards on the 110ci.

That's weird this exhaust is EPA stamped. I don't know if there is a difference in the headpipes not though.

J_Bob 09-18-2016 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by dixonk (Post 15522149)
That's weird this exhaust is EPA stamped. I don't know if there is a difference in the headpipes not though.

Apparently, it's the same headers. Both sets' muffler bodies have catalysts. Again, I'm guessing, but the nightsticks need the end caps to meet EPA sound levels on the 110ci. The street cannons probably pass muster on the 96 and 103.

dixonk 09-18-2016 07:54 PM

Apparently, it's the same headers. Both sets' muffler bodies have catalysts. Again, I'm guessing, but the nightsticks need the end caps to meet EPA sound levels on the 110ci. The street cannons probably pass muster on the 96 and 103.

Didn't think about the sound levels

J_Bob 09-18-2016 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by dixonk (Post 15523951)
Didn't think about the sound levels

Speaking of sound, let's get that clip posted! :icon_teeth:

dixonk 09-18-2016 10:11 PM

Speaking of sound, let's get that clip posted! :icon_teeth:

Ya I meant to do that already. Got sidetracked this weekend.

Thingfish 09-19-2016 03:21 PM

I'm betting your PV tune is going to be much better than the dealer flash. I'd keep it if I were you. I'm thinking these pipes, an Oil Bud, DK's new oil filter relo, and maybe Ward's fans and the heat will be tamed....hopefully.

Gutting the cat would help, but I want my RK to stay relatively mellow.

dixonk 09-19-2016 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Thingfish
I'm betting your PV tune is going to be much better than the dealer flash. I'd keep it if I were you. I'm thinking these pipes, an Oil Bud, DK's new oil filter relo, and maybe Ward's fans and the heat will be tamed....hopefully.

Gutting the cat would help, but I want my RK to stay relatively mellow.

I have the wards fans already. Will be keeping the PV tune as fueling is spot on perfect right now. Don't think I need any of the other stuff. The heat is almost a non issue now.

Thingfish 09-19-2016 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by dixonk (Post 15526126)
I have the wards fans already. Will be keeping the PV tune as fueling is spot on perfect right now. Don't think I need any of the other stuff. The heat is almost a non issue now.

I'm glad to hear that. I was hoping to not have to mess with oil routing...just adds more links in the chain for potential leaks. He's not taking orders at the moment, but I'll put a deposit on the Ward's when he opens again.

dixonk 09-19-2016 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Thingfish
I'm glad to hear that. I was hoping to not have to mess with oil routing...just adds more links in the chain for potential leaks. He's not taking orders at the moment, but I'll put a deposit on the Ward's when he opens again.

His fans are worth the wait. I love them. Plus they are a great conversation starter because everyone will ask you what they are and remind you you're bike is still running when you switch off. As for rerouting oil filters and such I wouldn't want to do that. For one it's ugly and secondly I wouldn't want lines running under the bike opening up endless possibilities of failure or catastrophe. It seems the results would be negligible at best.

dixonk 09-26-2016 02:18 PM

Finally got around to making a video. Excuse the crappy iPhone recording:

Airborne350G 09-27-2016 07:14 AM

Those sound pretty good. Give us an update on the heat when you can. Wonder if the bags will be hotter since the catalytic converters are in the mufflers.

dixonk 09-27-2016 07:17 AM

Those sound pretty good.

They sound even better than the video but the low bass doesn't get picked up.

Airborne350G 09-27-2016 07:19 AM

Wonder if the reason they say they will not work on CVOs is because of the decibels? Can't see any other reason.

dixonk 09-27-2016 07:23 AM

Wonder if the reason they say they will not work on CVOs is because of the decibels? Can't see any other reason.

I think that is the consensus. They are probably at the legal limit right now.

Super08 09-27-2016 08:36 AM

Is that the complete system in the video with cats in the mufflers or did you change the mufflers to Street Cannons?

dixonk 09-27-2016 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Super08
Is that the complete system in the video with cats in the mufflers or did you change the mufflers to Street Cannons?

It's the complete system with cats in the mufflers.

Super08 09-27-2016 08:39 AM

I might get that, I like it.

dixonk 09-27-2016 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Super08
I might get that, I like it.

My search for the perfect exhaust is finally over I will tell you that.

ddougie 11-18-2016 06:11 PM

Screamin eagle high flow exhaust with street cannons

I have been searching for info on this exhaust system and came across yours. I watched your video and your bike sounds great. I see there are 2 extra O2 sensors in the header pipes. I can't find any info on where to connect the extra O2 sensors. Do you have any info on this.

Thx, Doug

2014 Streetglide
10" bagger apes
Chrm switch housing
streamliner hand grips
chrm axle nuts
flo oil filter
alm shift linkage

dixonk 11-18-2016 08:28 PM

The extra sensor holes is if you are using wideband sensors. If not the system comes with plugs for plugging the holes and you simply use your stock o2 sensors.

ddougie 11-19-2016 12:53 PM

thanks for the quick response. I'm going to order a set for my stage 1

dixonk 11-19-2016 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by ddougie (Post 15692007)
thanks for the quick response. I'm going to order a set for my stage 1

You won't be disappointed.

hattitude 11-19-2016 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by dixonk (Post 15545374)
Finally got around to making a video. Excuse the crappy iPhone recording:

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/p...age%20copy.jpg

Sounds good.......

By the way, I really like the paint scheme in your garage....!! :icon_biggrin:

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/p...de46/shop3.jpg

dixonk 11-19-2016 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by hattitude
Sounds good.......

By the way, I really like the paint scheme in your garage....!! :icon_biggrin:

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/p...de46/shop3.jpg

I have to be honest with you. I ripped off your design from the garage thread. Thank you sir :D

I wanted to do the floor but was shocked when I got the quote.

hattitude 11-19-2016 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by dixonk (Post 15692228)
I have to be honest with you. I ripped off your design from the garage thread. Thank you sir :D

I wanted to do the floor but was shocked when I got the quote.

Ha...!!

Great minds think alike! :icon_beerchug:

Since my shop is only 360 sq ft, the floor cost was acceptable......

dixonk 11-19-2016 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by hattitude
Ha...!!

Great minds think alike! :icon_beerchug:

Since my shop is only 360 sq ft, the floor cost was acceptable......

They quoted me over 2500 bucks to do the floor. That's a lot of gas, beer, and hotel nights. I saw some kits at Home Depot for 135 bucks but scared it may look like shit.

Super08 06-24-2017 07:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I installed this system on my bike last week. I love the deep mellow tone, hopefully it stays the way it is and doesn't get too much louder over time. I had a hell of a time getting the crossover pipe to fit onto the header pipe on mine. It was far too tight a fit. I ended up having to file down the edge of the header and dress the inside of the flare on the crossover before I could get it on.