Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review of Chinese aftermarket eBay parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 08:04 PM
Big trucker
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Review of Chinese aftermarket eBay parts

i see a lot of guys talking about if the Chinese knock of stuff is as good as the Harley oem stuff. Here is my review

Rushmore tour pak-some Chinese some of the holes to attatch my lights did not line up. Everything else seemed fines

base plate for tour pak did not match the contours of the bottom of the tour pak but still worked.

Detatch luggage rack and detatch tour pak rack. Did the job. A tiny amount of play where detatch tour pak rack slides on in front. Luggage rack was descent. Plastic clips on front of the two racks are not interchangeable with oem.

Rack for tour pack pack lid did not match up with oem tour pak holes. It was about 1/4" off. Chrome was paper thin and looked rusted in a few spots

4 point docking. Works but the spacers and screws holding spacers on do not interchange with oem and blue loctite those screw on!

short angle highway pegs fit a bit tight around crash bar and the bolt to secure the mount could only screw in about 3 threads and stripped those threads out when I tried to tighten it down.

Tribal mirrors had a terrible finish and glue on them.

Lower fairing worked descent but the mounting hardware was cheap. Fairing factory has good mounting hardware. The abs on the lower fairing are definitely thinner than my abs on my oem lowers.

So some stuff is a descent save others I ended up replacing with oem. Make sure to ask before hand their return policy if it's not going to work

Last edited by Big trucker; 10-17-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:41 PM
chrisg81983
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

I got a set of lowers for 45 dollars and quick release hardware for 25 dollars and i cant tell the difference between my OEM and knockoff ones. Only difference is the threads on quick release hardware is metric. I definitely don't recommend any knockoff chrome parts as it usually turns to crap pretty quick.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:52 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisg81983
I got a set of lowers for 45 dollars and quick release hardware for 25 dollars and i cant tell the difference between my OEM and knockoff ones. Only difference is the threads on quick release hardware is metric. I definitely don't recommend any knockoff chrome parts as it usually turns to crap pretty quick.
You might not be able to tell the difference from 30 feet away but there is a big difference.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:49 AM
chrisg81983
Road Captain

Originally Posted by craigffb
You might not be able to tell the difference from 30 feet away but there is a big difference.

If you say so... i forgot i dont know what my oem ones look like. When i wax my bikes i use a 30ft pole. If i had my ultra here i would take them off and take pics you couldnt tell me what was what. Besides the hd trademark stamp......

Anyway man we all know that there is a bunch of crap out there, but if you find the rite seller you can get some decent stuff.

I bought them for my rgs saying to myself that if they were 1/2 the quality of my oem ones i wouldnt care. I only use them a few months out of the year, but i was really suprised the quality. About 5 people i know bought them once they saw how nuce they really were.

Advan black makes some really nice lower fairings as well.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:21 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisg81983
If you say so... i forgot i dont know what my oem ones look like. When i wax my bikes i use a 30ft pole. If i had my ultra here i would take them off and take pics you couldnt tell me what was what. Besides the hd trademark stamp......

Anyway man we all know that there is a bunch of crap out there, but if you find the rite seller you can get some decent stuff.

I bought them for my rgs saying to myself that if they were 1/2 the quality of my oem ones i wouldnt care. I only use them a few months out of the year, but i was really suprised the quality. About 5 people i know bought them once they saw how nuce they really were.

Advan black makes some really nice lower fairings as well.
Yeah Bro...I got a set too. I can tell the difference. Would I buy the OEM ones, I guess not cause I have the Chinese ones on my bike. They do the job, but they are cheap knock offs...it is what it is.

Old 10-18-2016, 10:05 AM
chrisg81983
Road Captain

Originally Posted by craigffb
Yeah Bro...I got a set too. I can tell the difference. Would I buy the OEM ones, I guess not cause I have the Chinese ones on my bike. They do the job, but they are cheap knock offs...it is what it is.
Like i said i definitely saw some garbage knockoff parts but once in a great while you get something good. The ones i found werr surprisingly excellent craftsmanship. I was not expecting this level of quality as i would of been happy with half the quality. Guess some are luckier than others if someone wants the link i can dig it up.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:25 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Bought Chinese highway peg mounts and pegs. a little less than 1/2 price. The bolt heads were rusted when I got them. Had to re-tap one of the screw holes and had to add blue Loctite as none was on the threads. Once all together and cleaned up, they look great. Been on for a year and a half and zero issues. I guess I got lucky?

Old 10-18-2016, 07:00 PM
Mikes145
Road Captain
Received 151 Likes on 102 Posts

I'm trying to talk myself out of buying the knockoff slip on mufflers for my Ultra for $185. They get decent reviews and I just hate spending $500-600 for some slip ons. I know, I know, the bike wasn't cheap.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:19 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,608 Likes on 2,863 Posts

when it comes to outfitting anything...ya get what you pay for.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:01 PM
Markfish54
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

+1 on the above.....

Quick Reply: Review of Chinese aftermarket eBay parts