Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does everyone fall off their bike at least once?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 11:05 AM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,011 Likes on 576 Posts

Fall over yes, falling off..NEVER!

Old 01-13-2017, 11:14 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,383 Likes on 4,003 Posts

35 years ago, before everyone accepted the fact that drinking and driving don't mix, I saw a friend pull up to a red light and "forget" to put his feet down.... He looked like that guy tipping over on his tricycle on the old "Laugh-In" TV show.

Does that count as "falling off"... ?

Old 01-13-2017, 11:16 AM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts

ive been riding for 30 years and the only time i went down was with my first bike when i was 18. But i went down at least 3 times that first year lol.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:19 AM
Harley-Jim
Road Captain
Received 438 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
two things will happen when you ride a motorcycle, you will fall OVER and you will get caught in the rain. you may never fall off while riding, but it can and does happen to people (don't ask)
Originally Posted by hattitude
35 years ago, before everyone accepted the fact that drinking and driving don't mix, I saw a friend pull up to a red light and "forget" to put his feet down.... He looked like that guy tipping over on his tricycle on the old "Laugh-In" TV show.

Does that count as "falling off"... ?
I was going to ask....

Old 01-13-2017, 11:56 AM
jefla
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I do not believe crashing is inevitable for all of us and a lot can be done to avoid that outcome.

Statistically speaking, for seasoned riders an advanced safety course is a very effective way to improve your chances of not crashing. (I gotta finally do this.)

That crash survey thread is interesting. For one, it shows that a lot of folks get rear ended. My bro did. To avoid that outcome I've a Bright *** Light. Super effective. https://www.brightasslights.com/.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:59 AM
merlin 2
Tourer

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

if your lucky just once.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:10 PM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

No accident, but dropped mine twice. Both stories start out the same: "did something really stupid.........."

Riding some 7-8 mph on a soft sandy beach...........stupid

Freshly re-surfaced driveway, the board on the ground that I slide under the sidestand, just out of reach, if I lean the bike over just a bit more for my foot to reach it...........stupid

The following users liked this post:
pie plate (01-13-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 12:22 PM
pie plate
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

It's not a big deal to go down and slide down the road. Barbed wire fences and trees and cars and curbs...these are another matter. Do not bang your head... If you are going fast the beanie makes little difference - wear it, sure, but you're more or less assured death if you hit your head hard, neck, all that. Don't worry, it's rare. Slow down, be careful.

Falling off goes with dope and alcohol, and coke too. Downers and bikes go only one way. Never fell off, but the bike fell on me, once... Sure have seen these two dangerous drugs harvest some pals... Speedy dope? perhaps less dangerous, but anathema as well. Stay clear headed and in the moment.

I have actually enjoyed the sliding down the road part. No worry!

Old 01-13-2017, 01:01 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Falling off your bike is different than being knocked off it...

The following users liked this post:
pie plate (01-13-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 01:10 PM
hellonewman
Club Member
Received 5,727 Likes on 2,469 Posts

Thanks for the replies and clearly I worded it poorly when I said fall off. I didnt mean in a drunken stupor in your garage sitting on it going vroom vroom and you lost your balance. I should've said "incident" or wipeout , spill while driving etc. It just seems that a lot of threads talking about anything from mufflers to spark plugs and helmets makes some mention of crashing. So I thought I would ask and being someone thats not superstitious didn't think it would cause me to crash by bringing it up. If saying something meant it would happen I would've won the powerball 10 times by now.

I had a GSXR1100 years ago, bought it used, it had been dropped prior to my purchase but I never did and now I have the a Roadking.

Quick Reply: Does everyone fall off their bike at least once?