Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Fuelpak vs FuelMoto's Power Vision

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Uncle Fuzzy
Road Captain
Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts

http://fuelpak.vanceandhines.com/

FP3 2007-2013
Pn-66007

Old 02-08-2017, 12:25 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 368 Likes on 145 Posts

I have a Power Vision and I'm using it on my second bike. I don't think I got the most out of it with my 06 SuperGlide because honestly I never read the instructions all the way through. They all come with the timing option turned off, turning it on made a huge difference. Once I got my StreetGlide and had it reset I started learning more about how to use it and it works great. I'm using a tune from DynoJet and am running a basic stage 1.

I know nothing about the FP3 except what I've read here. The one comment that seems to come up a lot is having problems with the phone connecting properly to it. I think that's as much of a phone issue as a tuner issue but it does seem to be a problem for a number of people.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:52 PM
RandyL
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

I recommend a Power Vision from Fuel Moto

Old 02-08-2017, 05:50 PM
KnarleyHarley
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the info Fellas!...I will be calling FM and get the "scoop" from them, it seems to be the better of the 2 at least to me.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:14 PM
oakmossy
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

fp cheaper and as good

Old 02-08-2017, 10:03 PM
Digital Nomad
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As I understood it from some fairly recent discussions- the FP3 is good if you don't pan on doing too much to the bike beyond stage 1. Some say that recent firmware updates fixed all of that but I have no personal knowledge-only going on heresay from some folk. It stays in and works through your smart phone as I understand it.

The PV apparently- and don't quote me here because I don't know, I'm only stating what I've heard- is better if you plan on doing a little bit more with your bike mod wise. Its' also got a fancy touch-screen and is a single device as opposed to be run through a smart phone. Doesn't have to stay on the bike but it can.

Personally, I have neither- but I will bbe investing an a PowerVision as soon as I am able for my 07' RK.

The following users liked this post:
KnarleyHarley (02-09-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 07:23 AM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by KnarleyHarley
Thanks for the info Fellas!...I will be calling FM and get the "scoop" from them, it seems to be the better of the 2 at least to me.
I'm a PV man myself but do us all a favor. Please provide your conversation with FM, comparing the 2. They're both great tuning devices.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:30 AM
rparnel1
Tourer
Received 150 Likes on 59 Posts

I started out with a FuleMoto micro tuner for my 2015 ultra limited, but never installed it because it was too invasive an install. Would be really hard to remove it on the road if it fails. Traded it for a PC-V. Bike ran ok. Decided to upgrade to a PowerVision with the Target Tune module. I just thought the bike ran good before. Starts easier, runs cooler, more power, better mileage, zero popping, zero pinging. I used the tune that FuelMoto sent and then ran autotune 3 times. Couldn't really tell a difference after autotune though. To be fair, I did change out the head pipe to a FuelMoto catless one at the same time as the PowerVision, so that had something to do with the increased performance. Taken together, the new headpipe, the PowerVision and the Target Tune module represented a STEP change in performance for my bike

I usually don't keep the PV on the bike anymore, but I did at first because it let me monitor temperatures and other engine parameters. Once I figured out how the bike ran and the temperatures it would operate at during a hot Texas summer, I had the baseline I needed, so I pulled the PV. I put it back on occasionally just to play around with it, but don' ever change the tune anymore

PowerVision is a great product. Don't have any experience with the FP3.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:38 AM
chrisg81983
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

I can strongly recommend the powervision over the fuel pack as i have both. The pv tuned my bikes better especially engines that have work done to them. If you have only exhaust and intake both will work just fine. I hate having to have my phone with the fuel pack its nice that the pv has its own display.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:49 PM
diggerv
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

My plans are to do a S&S 107 kit to my 2010 SG. Right now I have Master Tune with Andrews 37, advanced 4 degrees with V&H Twin Slash and High flow filter. but I'm going to FP3 due to its extensive capabilities and ease of use. Once your tune is done you don't need to have your phone or the FP3 connected to your bike. Hear say is not good on here... do your home work.
Here is a link to comments from V&H...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...age-1-a-2.html

Last edited by diggerv; 02-09-2017 at 02:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
KnarleyHarley (02-09-2017)

Quick Reply: V&H Fuelpak vs FuelMoto's Power Vision