Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Fuelpak vs FuelMoto's Power Vision

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 02:26 PM
Digital Nomad
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll have to forgive me- I'd assumed that through listening to what the Fuelmoto guys had to say about the matter it'd count as some form of "doing homework".

Again though- as I understand it- the FP3 doesn't possess "extensive capabilities"- though it may be easier to use for the less technologically inclined.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:45 PM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior
Received 416 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Digital Nomad
You'll have to forgive me- I'd assumed that through listening to what the Fuelmoto guys had to say about the matter it'd count as some form of "doing homework".

Again though- as I understand it- the FP3 doesn't possess "extensive capabilities"- though it may be easier to use for the less technologically inclined.
It is absolutely considered doing homework, but when I do homework I try to get as many sources of information as possible, and insure that my info is current. Especially as updates are continually being made to the FP3, not sure about to the PV.

Last edited by skid_pimp; 02-12-2017 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:49 PM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior
Received 416 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by diggerv
Here is a link to comments from V&H...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...age-1-a-2.html
Post number 11 is great info from the above link

Old 02-11-2017, 07:23 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 273 Likes on 202 Posts

I'm totally sold on the FP3 and V&H has helped me out quickly when I had questions. My '14 is dialed in perfectly; runs smooth and runs cooler. I'd buy it again without a doubt. I have no personal experience with the PV. As someone said, they are both great tuners.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:25 PM
Aviator5456
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

It sucks to be me....or anyone living in the Republic of Kalifornia....FP3 does have a California version but it basically does nothing...I will eventually opt for the FM as I don't like having to have a smart phone and I plan on installing a Stage IV in the future and don't want to worry about the FP3 not supporting it.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:17 PM
diggerv
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Digital Nomad

While I think the Fuelmoto guys know a lot, they don't know everything, and neither does anyone else for that matter. I think you should look at what others and V&H says as well. Fuelmoto's statement on their website about the FP3 is wrong. To each his own, use what you want, you are paying for it. It just appeared the FP3 was being misrepresented. I know from personal experience from installing Andrews 57s that V&H supports their product. Just about everyone has a smart phone. You don't have your cell phone connected for ever... unless you want to. Plain and simple, the FP3 will do anything the others will in spades.

The problem is we have to many choices

Old 02-11-2017, 09:09 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 334 Posts

Everyone keeps referring to the Power Vision like Fuel Moto manufactures it. It's a Dynojet product. Just like Power Commander. Just throwing it out there.

The following 2 users liked this post by Buelligan666:
Bafflingbs (05-31-2017), KnarleyHarley (02-12-2017)
Old 02-12-2017, 12:29 AM
bellmnbell
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You may already be aware of this, but you can download the FP3 software for free and try it out in "demo mode" to see all the functions. I love what it's done for my '07 FLHX.

Old 02-12-2017, 01:22 AM
UHDhog
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

Both tuners are great. Both are very user friendly and both have great support. I will tip the hat towards the PV if you plan on doing heavy engine mods, but that's about it. They will both do the same thing if you go as far as stage 3. Although, I wouldn't doubt V&H could support a tune to just about anything you want. You just have to email them, tell them what you plan on doing and they will send you a map to DL and autotune after.

Old 02-12-2017, 03:42 AM
23Seven
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,438 Likes on 656 Posts

Love my PV and support from FM is second to none. I would buy it again without a doubt!

Quick Reply: V&H Fuelpak vs FuelMoto's Power Vision