Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   V&H Fuelpak vs FuelMoto's Power Vision (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1157866-v-and-h-fuelpak-vs-fuelmotos-power-vision.html)

KnarleyHarley 02-07-2017 10:11 PM

V&H Fuelpak vs FuelMoto's Power Vision

Guys...Looking to purchase a Fuel tuner and not really sure which is better. I want something that is "user friendly" so to speak. V&H costs $299, FM's is $399.

My '09 RKC came with True duals, stage1, and Rinehart exhaust as well. It also came with the Screamin Eagle Sept tuner but not user friendly to me, so I want to purchase one that I can Tune right from the devise itself. Also not going to keep permanently mounted on bars, don't like the look!

I do get pinging during summer months and have Decel popping that I want to try and get rid of. I would also want to be able to adjust the idle down a bit as it seems a little high to me, maybe better Throttle response as well as calibrate the speedometer, not sure if I can with either??
Not really sure of additional options that either Tuner can do for me, so seeking some advise, good or bad from all...Thanks!!

rezrider 02-08-2017 07:34 AM

I have a Power Vision on my 2013 RGU, Rineharts, Gutted cat and Arlen Ness Big Sucker intake. I had Fuel Moto write me a map and then ran auto tune a couple of times. I couldn't be happier with it.

kryingame 02-08-2017 07:46 AM

Unless V&H changed the model, I don't believe its compatible with any bikes before 2014.

talkingrock 02-08-2017 07:47 AM

sounds like the FP3 is what you are looking for it works just fine on my SGS

Buelligan666 02-08-2017 08:29 AM

Fuel Moto sells both products. Try giving them a call. I'm sure they can give you the pros and cons of each. They know their stuff!!

Fuel Moto EFI Tuners

lionsm13 02-08-2017 08:39 AM

PC-V still works great on mine!!
6 years old works with a dyno, or a map sent to you either one.
Fuelmoto still sells them too.

danhahn 02-08-2017 08:48 AM

I don't believe a FP3 will work on an 09. You will need one of the V&H fuel pak tuners that stay on the bike and you program it by changing about a dozen values with buttons. They come with the values to program into it. Not difficult to do but it stays on the bike.

gipper 02-08-2017 09:01 AM

Knarley: Call Fuel Moto. Their sterling reputation comes from shooting straight before they even attempt to sell. Once their sell is made, their service is second to none. They will lead you down the correct path for your bike and you set-up.

Deckman 02-08-2017 09:35 AM

I have had both on my 07 Street Glide. If your make any performance changes there is no comparison between the two, the Power Vision is the most versatile. I purchased from Fuel Moto three years ago and still get new maps from them when I changed exhausts and when I went to a 107 big bore. Also you can use the auto tune which is real nice.

danhahn 02-08-2017 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by danhahn (Post 15914975)
I don't believe a FP3 will work on an 09. You will need one of the V&H fuel pak tuners that stay on the bike and you program it by changing about a dozen values with buttons. They come with the values to program into it. Not difficult to do but it stays on the bike.

^ I am wrong on this. They have a FP3 that works with 09 touring (4pin). Easy to use.