Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Zeppelin Seat for UC

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 02:44 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Road Zeppelin Seat for UC

Any one have a Road Zeppelin Seat? How comfortable is it. Is there a difference in quality between the leather one and the other vinal? one.

Does it come with a air compressor to inflate the bladders, and if so, how is it wired in?

How about the passenger seat?

Thinking about getting one. Wife is OK with the back seat, but kills my butt after only a few miles.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12616/909FD0056C21430FA41084A00A9D7F88.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Arvid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Road Zeppelin Seat for UC

I lucked into leather one on this forum. I don't know anyone with the vinyl seat. The seat has its compressor built in. There are 3 adjustments for the rider and 2 for the passenger, if you'veread the accessories book. It plugs into a four wire accessory plug under the seat in front of the battery, the accessory switch on the dash must be turned on to operate. I'm using the Comfort Stitch rider adjustable backrest because I already had it. I added the George Anderson Relo kit forthe tour pak because the Road Zep is bigger than the stock comfort stitch and it does make you sit higher by the way. I'm glad I got it, its really comfortable and adjusting it running down the road is suprisingly quick.

Arvid

Old 06-02-2007, 04:28 PM
classic42
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like mine. It's nice being able to adjust the seat on long hauls. If you can, try to find someone who has one and try it out first. My parts man pointed me to a guy in the store that had one and he let me sit on his bike before I ordered it. It does change your riding position and I've heard some on here complain about it being harder to touch the ground on one. I'm 5'10 and don't have any problem touching. It's a lot of money to lay down and finding out you don't like it.

Old 06-02-2007, 05:41 PM
bucs012
Road Master

Very costly so make sure you can return it! I had mine on for 1 hour and took it back. To me, it was as hard assitting on a 5 gallon bucket. It pushed me up closer to the tank and up higher (above the shield). Eveyrone is different when it comes to the ole seat. I really like my HD Sundowner and Mustang Touring seat!

Old 06-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Fandango6
Road Warrior

I we like ours, if I were to trade bikes I'd keep the seat.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:49 PM
03FLHT2
Advanced

I would only have the Leather one. I am 5-9 or so but I have no problem on my Ultra having both feet on the ground. I moved it from my 93 Fl Classic it still like brand new and with the Harley Mink Oil stuff keeps it real nice

Old 06-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Fishguy001
Road Captain

I had one briefly and re-ebayed the next day. It was too high for me as I am undertall for my weight

Old 06-03-2007, 12:13 AM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member

noticed that the rider seat is close to 5" wider than the stock 07 UC seat. does this extra width bother the passenger (comfort with more spread on the legs?)

Old 06-03-2007, 05:19 PM
chesterbud
Cruiser

GMAN, you and I must be building parrallel bikes. I just put on a post asking about the Zeppelin but that was before I saw your post. I was in a hurry when I made the post and didn't read down far enough to see yours.

I was looking at the Mustang seat but was wondering about the air adjustability of the Zeppelin. I think I would opt for the vinyl seat because I think it would handle rain better than the leather BUT I'm open for persuasion.

PS: I did the ANBS, SERT and V&H Ovals last week. Love the setup.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:37 PM
BIGCHIEF
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with the leather....how can vinyl be better? If I have this correct, leather comes from cows, who stand in the rain a good amount of time, they don't seem to shrink or split....or at least the ones I've seen have not.

Vinyl is made from "other stuff" (manmade) sticks to you when sweating, is less comfortable....and its vinyl. (didn't have any more smart a$$ remarks)

I have the leather Road Zeppelin and the wife and I both like it a lot. I use it 100% of the time. I'm only 5' 10" and do not have a problem with reaching the ground. While riding around town in traffic, I simply let all the air out and it sits pretty good; almost as low as stock....

If you are in So. Cal, let me know and I will let you test drive the seat.

Quick Reply: Road Zeppelin Seat for UC