Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Ultra Limited added FuelPak 3

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 09:51 AM
HDRetired
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Ultra Limited added FuelPak 3

Hey all, long time reader, first time or so post.

Just swapped out my old Cobra Fi2000 on my 2013 (which i put on when i got the bike in 13) and put the fuelpak 3 on. Just drove home from the dealership with the V&H canned map. Noticed a big difference in response.
I have V&H power duels, Reinheart pipes (spelling), V&H NO2 intake, that's it for mods.

What's everyone's experience with this tuner and running the auto tune and such on it.

Thanks all.

Old 04-27-2017, 12:05 PM
RCCola45
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I have 13 Road King that I had set up with the LCD fuelpak, V&H Propipe and Big sucker and it had good response ... I ditched the LCD version and upgraded with FP3 and unbelievable difference.

I have been thinking about trying the auto tune but the way it ran last year I don't think it could improve it much more. I might give it a shot and if I don't like results ... just load the canned map back on. Good Luck, Timm

Old 04-27-2017, 12:32 PM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Canned Maps work pretty good. Auto-Tune is a nice additional unit feature toplay around with. The auto-tune when activated may cause the bike to run a little rough at first when its starts its "individual' analysis and mapping, but smooths out pretty quick. Of course the great feature is you can always return to your canned map or any other of the 7 stored ones if you don't like it ...bonus IMHO.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:27 PM
big- mike
Road Warrior
Received 221 Likes on 139 Posts

Got one great product I have a couple different maps I use. auto tune is pretty cool to dial the map to your style of riding. And yes it runs a little funny in auto tune but that's normal until you hit Finnish.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:51 PM
CapeGlide
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

RCCola, what type of saddlebag guards do you have there? They look nice.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:57 PM
RCCola45
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CapeGlide
RCCola, what type of saddlebag guards do you have there? They look nice.
Nostalgic Saddlebag Guard Rails - 91286-10 from Harley

Old 04-27-2017, 08:52 PM
electra_boogaloo
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

used a "close enough" map for rcx 4.5" slip ons, open ac, and de-cat. did okay. ran the auto tune function and it ran like crap. kept stalling and backfiring and not acting happy at all. i ran about 3-4 separate auto tune sessions and applied them. when i took it out of auto tune mode it ran like a good case of the *** pisses after a spicy chimichanga! The decat causes "cross talk" between the o2 sensors and makes it difficult for the tuner to read real time information. i'm very happy with the FP3 now. i still wish i would've got the powervision though. the fp3 app is pretty nice and handy to have available.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:34 AM
HDRetired
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all for the input

Old 04-30-2017, 04:41 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by HDRetired

Just swapped out my old Cobra Fi2000 on my 2013 (which i put on when i got the bike in 13) and put the fuelpak 3 on. Just drove home from the dealership with the V&H canned map. Noticed a big difference in response.
I have V&H power duels, Reinheart pipes (spelling), V&H NO2 intake, that's it for mods.

What's everyone's experience with this tuner and running the auto tune and such on it.

Thanks all.
I would install the power dual and monster rounds map and ride it for a few hundred miles. Also install external crankcase breathers. If not happy, then auto tune.

The following users liked this post:
HDRetired (05-01-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 05:30 PM
Budda109
Road Captain
Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Something to try?

Originally Posted by HDRetired

Thanks all.

You can change the throttle response if you want to play with it on the FP3. I went one up from standard. Gives the bike a little better response. IMO. http://video.vanceandhines.com/fuelp...ssivity-guide/

Have fun!

The following users liked this post:
HDRetired (05-01-2017)

Quick Reply: 2013 Ultra Limited added FuelPak 3