Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   I bought a Chopped Tour Pak for a Road Glide Special (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1173681-i-bought-a-chopped-tour-pak-for-a-road-glide-special.html)

smokingjoe 04-30-2017 07:23 PM

I bought a Chopped Tour Pak for a Road Glide Special

No lights, now Im looking for some Tour pak lighting that will light up the nite [smile] where can I get some ? Yes Harley but who else ?..........Thanks.
Best/joe

dawg 04-30-2017 07:27 PM

Lighting for the tourpak, or just lighting as in different headlamp? BTW, I see from your sig that you're on you're third bike in a year, just curious how bad of a hit did you take on the trades?

HarleyArcher 04-30-2017 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what I did for my king TP. Would look great on a chopped. Very discrete and bright as hell.

smokingjoe 04-30-2017 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by dawg (Post 16190461)
Lighting for the tourpak, or just lighting as in different headlamp? BTW, I see from your sig that you're on you're third bike in a year, just curious how bad of a hit did you take on the trades?

Thanks I edited my thread to be more specific [tour pack lites]Now my trade story, I bought a left over 16, got a deal on it right before the M8 came out, was able to trade it without much loss on a M8 Ultra then I traded it for a Road Glide and took a 2 thousand dollar hit, while I like the ultra I love the Road Glides and the way they handle.
Best/joe.
PS I trade a lot, waiting on the 2018's to see what Harley is going to do to make me buy a new bike [smile] its gonna hafta be good Im kinda partial to the new Road Glide.
joe

smokingjoe 04-30-2017 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by HarleyArcher (Post 16190480)
Here is what I did for my king TP. Would look great on a chopped. Very discrete and bright as hell.

Man, those do look good, where did you get em ?
Best/joe

CJeep 04-30-2017 09:53 PM

Check out Custom Dynamics. They have many choices, some of which should be plug and play.

1HD1C 05-01-2017 11:08 AM

going through this now myself, the chopped tourpak wont accept the stock
Harley side running lights that are used on the king tourpak..

the rear piece that comes stock on the king can be made to work on the chopped
but will require drilling a bunch of small holes and one large hole for the deutsh connector..

duglaura&flhti 05-01-2017 11:11 AM

Custom Dynamics is good to go.

HarleyArcher 05-01-2017 11:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by smokingjoe (Post 16190524)
Man, those do look good, where did you get em ?
Best/joe

The fender lights are Custom Dynamics LED inserts and the strip on the TP is CD true flex 12" strip with a smoked tube. They are all hooked up to a CD magic strobe. I will try to add a video. Not sure it will work.

azgrumbles 05-01-2017 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by HarleyArcher (Post 16192431)
The fender lights are Custom Dynamics LED inserts and the strip on the TP is CD true flex 12" strip with a smoked tube. They are all hooked up to a CD magic strobe. I will try to add a video. Not sure it will work.

That looks and functions great! Thanks for posting the video. I will be crossing this path soon as well.