Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Revolution True Dual Head pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 11:50 AM
zeke1883
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Revolution True Dual Head pipes

Just installed a set of these pipes on my 2015 FLHTK and just wanted to say a little something about them as I couldn't find much information here in the forum about them.

American Custom Revolution True Dual Head Pipes:
Paid $399 for them. The kit includes: Separate pipes for front and rear cylinder. Front cylinder pipe is one piece from the front cylinder all the way around and under the bike to the kickstand side. Pipes re-use your existing heat shields. Included are new conical exhaust gaskets, new circlips for each pipe, 2 mounting brackets (one for rear underneath bike for crossover, and 1 to mount both pipes together below the motor. Color, instructions with photos are included and are done really well. The pipes themselves are chrome plated and include both 12mm and 18mm holes for O2 sensors. These pipes are for years 2009 to 2016 so they include locations for the larger O2 sensors at the cylinder ends of each pipe, and down below the motor are locations for the smaller 12mm sensors. Also included are plugs for all 4 of these holes, so if you are using Power Commander you can remove the O2 sensors completely and plug the holes.

The pipes look nice and installation fit perfect. Took me about 3 hours to complete the job, and I wasn't hurrying. I was leery about attempting this as this was my first time removing the entire exhaust and replacing it. Everything went together exactly as it should. Found an interesting video on making an exhaust gasket installation tool on Youtube out of a 6 inch carriage bolt and some washers, and it worked out perfect to install the gaskets. They sound AWESOME, amazing how much that catalytic converter restricts sound.

Only problem I ran into was trying to install mufflers on the pipe ends. I think since the pipes appear to be chrome plated, the diameter of the ends must be slightly larger than stock. Mufflers would not slide on easily as they should. Had to bend the four tabs where the muffler meets the pipe in order to get it large enough to fit on the pipes. Not a huge deal, but I tried 2 sets of mufflers, and both sets had the same problem, so I assume it is the pipes and not the mufflers. I informed American Custom about this one issue.

Like I said, they definitely increase the sound. It has a nice deep rumble to it now. I am running Rush Big Louie slipons with 2-1/2 baffles and Fuel Moto Stage 1 high flow air cleaner. Do not know yet about performance increase or gas mileage as it is raining here all weekend. I am hoping my fuel mileage will increase at least 4 or 5 mpg. I currently get 33 to 35 with stock head pipes. I have attached a couple pics, I forgot to take a pic when I took them out of the box, got too excited I guess.

Hope this helps someone else who may be looking at these pipes. I like them and felt they were reasonably priced for what you get.

Attached Thumbnails Revolution True Dual Head pipes-pipes-with-heatshields.jpg   Revolution True Dual Head pipes-crossover.jpg   Revolution True Dual Head pipes-12mm-bungs.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
hellonewman (05-21-2017)