Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A long, warranted shout-out to Fuel Moto and Coastal Moto...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 07:29 PM
TroubledWine
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Default A long, warranted shout-out to Fuel Moto and Coastal Moto...

Just wanted to give a huge thanks to Jamie and Bob at Fuel Moto as well as Jason from Coastal Moto for some expected and unexpected parts this past winter/early spring.

Expected: I decided that since I needed a new back tire, I would ditch the rear chrome 18" Agitator and buy a matching 16" rear XM Stiletto to match my front wheel. The original owner had these mismatched wheels on since the bike was new, but my OCD along with needing a tire finally got me to bite the bullet and get the proper rear wheel. So in early February, after some research and multiple PMs and phone calls, I got in touch with Jason at Coastal Moto. Within 5 minutes, my new wheel was on order. The wheel was shipped out literally to the day of the window Jason gave me for PM/XM wheels, along with a Michelin Commander 2 mounted and bead-balanced. While I won't give the price out per their policy, all I can tell you is I was very surprised at how much less I spent than I was expecting/quoted by other companies. Top notch service and now my damn wheels match.

Unexpected: A week after I ordered the new rear wheel, I went on an approx 200 mile ride on a Saturday. Long story short, after losing all oil pressure, I needed a rebuild. After contemplating doing a cheap stock rebuild using the local machine shop and putting in the same cams/lifters/pushrods I already had, I decided to pull the trigger and call some shops. All I can say is, after calling both sponsors and non-sponsors, it was a pretty damn easy choice to go with Fuel Moto after speaking with Jamie on the phone for about 20 minutes. He wasn't a salesman. He was simply asking me questions I hadn't pondered and suggesting things I was thinking and not thinking about. We decided on:

107"
FM Level B heads
FM Xtreme Duty cylinders
CP Carrillo pistons 10.5:1 compression
Wood TW-999a cams and Alpha directional lifters
FM adjustable pushrods
S&S TC3 cam plate/oil pump
Dynojet Power Vision

It was all delivered to my door step in 3 boxes in 4 days at the end of February. My indy got everything installed around the end of March and I currently have around 1500 miles on it. Man...talk about a huge difference going from cam-only. I came off of a 954rr and a couple of Busas to a Street Glide 3 years ago, so I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like its FAST...but it sure is a hell of a lot of difference and a lot more fun than stock and cam-only! Its fun to actually get pulled away from the handlebars now, and while I still can't stay beside my buddy's Night Rod, it has already knocked off a couple other bikes I had trouble with before.

I'd also like to speak on the driveability of the 999a cams along with Jamie's tune in the Power Vision. I honestly think these cams and this tune drives BETTER than my Andrews 57h cams and dyno tune. They don't need to be rev'd to high hell to take off like I was halfway expecting, nor do you have to keep them above 2500 to keep from lugging. But god almighty, do they pull hard from 3000-6500.

Bob also played a role in this, as I dealt with him after the initial talk with Jamie. He also played mediator with my bank, who had my wrong address on file and thus cancelled my order through FM the first time they ran my card. "Above and beyond" would be how I would describe the assistance and customer service I received from these guys. I am in the customer service field, managing hundreds of clients, and this is not something to take for granted.

So again, a huge recommendation and thanks to these two companies and the fellas working there who helped me spend a lot of damn money in the month of February. I'll get a couple vids up soon. Thanks again Jason, Jamie, and Bob.

Last edited by TroubledWine; 07-17-2017 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:16 PM
RevBlk
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

Nice looking bike and classy Thank You for a job well done. That's missing from our world these days. Good on you.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:08 AM
kblhd
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 97 Posts

Nice looking bike! Have bought several things from fuel Moto - great to work with.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:23 AM
TroubledWine
Tourer

Originally Posted by RevBlk
Nice looking bike and classy Thank You for a job well done. That's missing from our world these days. Good on you.
I've also made a post with a bad experience with a former sponsor, but i'm not the type of person to only gripe. Threads like this makes the decision easier for similar people down the road when dealing with great companies like these dudes.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:29 AM
Coastal_Moto_Man
Former Sponsor
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks again for your business and the positive words. Bike looks great!

Old 07-17-2017, 04:22 PM
TroubledWine
Tourer

Finally updated with a video. Puttin' her on the dyno soon.