Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Ride Shields/ Customer service

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 01:33 PM
Heloguy
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Long Ride Shields/ Customer service

Just got off the phone with Billy from Long Ride Shields.
Back in January, I ordered a new shield. About a month ago, it was spider cracking at the bolt, not good.

I called them up and explained the problem and they sent me a new one without hesitation. Great customer service, right? I thought so.

Today I called back because my replacement shield is cracking in the exact same spot, the exact same way.
I thought it was weird that it happened again, and told Billy that I couldn't understand why.

Billy, without hesitation, not only told me he was sending me a new one, but that the new one would be the upgraded "Elite" model which is almost double the price. It is also made from polycarbonite material and is basically indestructible.

When i offered to cover the difference between models, he refused, and told me to spread the word about Long Ride Shields, so there you have it. Long Ride Shields stands behind their products, and their customer service is second to none!

The following users liked this post:
leachman (06-03-2017)
Old 06-02-2017, 01:42 PM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member
Received 813 Likes on 560 Posts

Great customer service. I have one of their windshields and love it. Two cracking seems weird are you overtightening the torx bolts?

Old 06-02-2017, 01:54 PM
jeffro09
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,361 Likes on 1,273 Posts

I had a similar experience when the LRS I ordered for my 09 Ultra came with a scratch. New one was sent right out, along with a packing slip to ship the scratched one back, as they wanted to look at it and see if they could figure out why it was scratched. I was given a partial refund as well. Least expensive shield ever.

I have since bought from them again, for my 16 Limited.

Old 06-02-2017, 02:12 PM
B18cx
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great company to deal with. I had fits trying to find the correct length windshield for me. They went above and beyond dealing with me! Thanks again LRS!!

Old 06-02-2017, 02:19 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

I have had nothing but the absolute best customer service from LRS.
Spreading the word is the best we can do.

Just a note.... You CAN overtighten a plastic shield. Loc-tite might be an alternative to torqueing the hardware.

Old 06-02-2017, 02:21 PM
Heloguy
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireball Jack
Great customer service. I have one of their windshields and love it. Two cracking seems weird are you overtightening the torx bolts?
no over tightening at all. I'm paranoid about pulling the brass fittings out of the fairing, so once they get snug, i give them about a 1/4 turn.

Old 06-02-2017, 02:32 PM
BTLorys
Banned

Received 2,663 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw

Just a note.... You CAN overtighten a plastic shield. Loc-tite might be an alternative to torqueing the hardware.
LRS specifically says in the instructions do NOT use loc-tite on the bolts. It deteriorates the windshield and can cause it to fail. But, I can only say that for the poly carbonate one. I don't know if that is true for all of their shields.

Old 06-02-2017, 02:37 PM
crabio
Tourer
Received 107 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw

DO NOT USE LOCTITE !!!!!!!!

The instructions that come with the shield even says to not use Loc Tite. Something about the make up of Loc Tite that can cause cracking.

Wait .... were you using Loc Tite?

Old 06-02-2017, 06:09 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,168 Posts

LRS is second to none when it comes to customer service.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:43 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by BTLorys
LRS specifically says in the instructions do NOT use loc-tite on the bolts.
Hummm, interesting. I never used it on ANY of the three LRS Shields I own, but then again I have never had one crack, nor have I had one come loose. The only issue with a LRS Shield I have ever had was a light haze on one shield. Which LRS IMMEDIETLY replaced at ZERO cost to me. Still, I can't imagine anything in the world could hurt one of their Poly Shields..... but I ain't no chemist.

Quick Reply: Long Ride Shields/ Customer service